Best way to export my maschine-ideas++++

strg+v
strg+v Member Posts: 62 Member

Arrange in Maschine... someone love, some not... I´m not a friend of this...

I am searching for the best way to EXPORT my (maybe) 6 Scenes (lot of duplicates) as GROUP patterns +++ plus i want an extra EXPORT folder for my used drums/percs... and other "samples/oneshots" i want... Thats all in ONE bigger folder which also serves/conatains all my patterns as midi-files... and also a project copy... within one pre-defined EXPRT_folder as "big/all" subfolder. "

(i want my "projects" (my sketches) without all this stuff... just the sketches/projects-files only... BUT if i export anything from xy-project: I want ALL this (project-copy (patterns/Midis and my (per pereferences) checked options (also for groups with all patterns of all "sences" and the =neshot/Sample folder my main KIT / the other slots i have preset/preference to this).

I#m using a similiar ORDER-structure to all new Maschine "projects/sketches" ... so i could get a "closed" folder for later us in my DAW!

That would be really great for my kind of "sketch-book-maschine"... and use the stuff later in DAW.

The Maschine LOOP_Optimize seems exactly differnt than BWS/Live... IF this thing is OFF it will render a eg. room-"delay" inside my 2 bars... but if ON it will eg. render the room-sustain as long it takes... so maybe my my 2 bars become 4,2.3 bars...??? Ist that so????

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hi @D-One do you have tips to share when it comes to exporting ideas from Maschine? 🙂

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited August 2022

OP is expecting a lot of very specific stuff, is this a feature request ??

The only way to do all that is manually and possibly with some lots of post-export cleanup.

@strg+v said:

I am searching for the best way to EXPORT my (maybe) 6 Scenes (lot of duplicates) as GROUP patterns +++ plus i want an extra EXPORT folder for my used drums/percs...

Just use the export menu if what you want is all Scenes into Audio.

If you want a folder with all your drum/perc one-shots you can use the "Save Group with Samples" feature, it places all samples in a sub-folder but they will have no FX, it will be just the raw wavs. You can delete the Group.mxgrp if you won't need it and just keep the samples.

If you want them with FX then make a 1 bar Pattern with a note on the 1st beat for each Pad and export that Group's Audio with Sounds as the Source, you end up with an Audio file for each Pad but you might have to crop/trim them after to tidy it up.

For MIDI there's only the drag-and-drop manual way.

@strg+v said:

The Maschine LOOP_Optimize seems exactly differnt than BWS/Live... IF this thing is OFF it will render a eg. room-"delay" inside my 2 bars... but if ON it will eg. render the room-sustain as long it takes... so maybe my my 2 bars become 4,2.3 bars...??? Ist that so????

Loop optimize ON: makes the length exactly the same as the Section/Scene/Pattern, so it cuts off any FX tails.

Loop optimize Off: Keeps FX tails, therefore increasing the length of Scene/Section/Pattern.

The length depends on the FX but from my experience will always be in a whole/integer number of Bars, never something like 4.2.3, it would be rounded to 5 in that case afaik. The manual says BPM metadata is written to the file but I don't think it is, neither Live or Cubase can read it.

• strg+v
    strg+v Member Posts: 62 Member

Thx D-one...

" If you want them with FX then make a 1 bar Pattern with a note on the 1st beat for each Pad and export that Group's Audio with Sounds as the Source, you end up with an Audio file for each Pad but you might have to crop/trim them after to tidy it up. "

So yeah i have a special 2-4 Bar "pattern" with all "my drums" as isolated 1/4 step.... (if i sjoluld use special anres&with long verbs....... etc... i remember this "error", but in 92% its ok ... )

But thats the next wuwstion.... where ist the pattern maschine 1- pattern import??? It was are very useful Feature for special patterns like snares-rolls in velocitys... some ("wonky" hihat stunts) or such some sample-" patterns.... it was(/is a usefull feature... just import pattern 9-16 DONT touch my patterns 1-8-...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    edited September 2022

From the Manual:

Loop Optimize

Optimize the audio file for use as a loop:

Switch on Loop Optimize to keep the exact Loop Range when exporting audio. Any effect tail will be rendered into the beginning of the audio file. Additionally, the file metadata will include the tempo (in BPM) and length (in bars). Turn this feature off to prolong the audio file when exporting audio, for example, to keep the tail of a reverb. The end of the exported audio will always correspond to a bar division.

The highlighted sentence is quite interesting and makes a huge difference for loops. Without that option, you’d have to actually record double the length of the loop (or at least a couple of beats preroll) and use only second half of the audio file when looping, otherwise the start of each repeat would sound odd because the effect tail of the previous run was missing.