Guitar Rig does not install correctly.....

JesusJosue
JesusJosue Member Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

I download the guitar rig 6 program and it won't open. it closes without opening. i reinstalled it and nothing.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

What do you mean by "nothing ? What happens when you launch Guitar Rig from the Applications ?

If it crashes or doesn't open at all, then follow these steps:

Go to the following location of your computer: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences

Delete this file: com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 6.plist

Go to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments

Delete the Guitar Rig 6 folder.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Navigate to that folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

Delete the Guitar Rig 6.component

Then open Guitar RIg 6 from that location: Macintosh HD - Applications - Native Instruments - Guitar Rig 6

And finally when everything works, open Logic.

Did that work out?

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

English please

Translation:

I download the guitar rig 6 program and it does not open. it closes without opening. I already reinstalled it and nothing.

Download from where (native access) on what system (win/mac) and open it from what (icon on desktop/applications or from within a DAW?

• JesusJosue

Hi Jester, I download from Native, is a free package. , Mac system. When I try to open the program for it to install, it already gives an error window.  When I open Daw (logic pro x), I get the error window again, so after doing it many times I have to uninstall it one more time. I have already gone to the Native site and I reload it and the same thing always happens

• Jeremy_NI

@JesusJosue What is your operating system ? Do you have a M1 mac ? Do you get an error message in Native Access ? If so, please post a screenshot. Or do you get an error when you launch Guitar rig 6 in standalone ? Then please post a screenshot of that error message.

• JesusJosue

This is the message when I open Logic Pro X.

• Jeremy_NI

@JesusJosue ok but have you tried to open Guitar RIg 6 in standalone ? Is it working ? Do you have a M1 computer or not ?

• JesusJosue

Yes Jeremy, I tried to open but nothing…

I don’t think that my cpu is M1.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

What do you mean by "nothing ? What happens when you launch Guitar Rig from the Applications ?

If it crashes or doesn't open at all, then follow these steps:

Go to the following location of your computer: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Preferences

Delete this file: com.native-instruments.Guitar Rig 6.plist

Go to the following location: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments

Delete the Guitar Rig 6 folder.

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Navigate to that folder: Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components

Delete the Guitar Rig 6.component

Then open Guitar RIg 6 from that location: Macintosh HD - Applications - Native Instruments - Guitar Rig 6

And finally when everything works, open Logic.

Did that work out?

• JesusJosue

Thank you very much jeremy for your help, I was able to open guitra rig from your application, I can use the guitar directly but it does not receive midi. When I open Logic I can find guitar Rig, but when I open a virtual instrument channel, there is no signal.

• Jeremy_NI

I'm a little confused here. Guitar rIg 6 is an audio effect, it doesn't produce sound on it's own. It should be put as an effect on a track in Logic. If you want to control some parameters with a MIDI controller you would need to open the Guitar Rig 6 MFX (for Midi controlled effect).

• JesusJosue

yes, I was experimenting a lot last night and realized this. Thank you @Jeremy_NI for your great help. Everything is working very well. Thanks