I want to record a 4 bar loop but i always get a 3 bar loop

Fons909
Fons909 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2022 in Maschine

If I want to record a 4 bar loop, but i don’t play in the last bar, and I push record to stop recording, I always get a 3 bar loop. This is annoying, is this normal behaviour? Is there a solution for it?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
    Answer ✓

It is how it is supposed to work. You can manually set the loop length. Before or after. If it is unclear how to do it, you need to read the manual and watch tutorials.

What controller do you use?

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you probably have the "grow pattern" checkbox selected in preferences. Go to your Maschine 2 preferences window and select the "default" tab and make sure the "grow pattern" checkbox is not filled in. You can also specify the default length of your patterns by inputting the desired number in the "length" field.

Answers

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
    Answer ✓

It is how it is supposed to work. You can manually set the loop length. Before or after. If it is unclear how to do it, you need to read the manual and watch tutorials.

What controller do you use?

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Answer ✓

It sounds like you probably have the "grow pattern" checkbox selected in preferences. Go to your Maschine 2 preferences window and select the "default" tab and make sure the "grow pattern" checkbox is not filled in. You can also specify the default length of your patterns by inputting the desired number in the "length" field.

• Fons909
    Fons909 Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the reply, I use Maschine mk3. I’m used to Ableton and there it works different.