Why does my CPU runs red when i load 8 Songs with each 16 Audio Slots ?

Whatyes
Whatyes Member Posts: 3 Member

I have the Problem that i would love to have all 8 Songs on 8 Banks and each of them filled with 16 Audio Slots, but my CPU goes up to 200 in total red. If i exchange the Audio Slots to Sample Slots evreything is fine with the CPU. What is the problem with the Audio Slots, i dont understand this, shouldnt both options be possible ?

Greatz & Beatz Wasja

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    Answer ✓

8 x 16 = 128 Audio loops… which are constantly recalculated in real time.

What Audio Engine are you using for your loops? If you’re using Stretch, try to change to Re-Pitch if possible. That should have a lower impact on CPU.

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

probably a case of summing the audio?

ie. if 10 audio inputs have to be summed up that uses alot of CPU

if they play on parallel channels then summing takes place only at the master level

if you bypass the master and output channels directly to external outputs then the summing takes place on the external hardware(mixer) negating the CPU load

*shrugs

im just guessing of course, but thats what ive come to understand *winks

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    Answer ✓

8 x 16 = 128 Audio loops… which are constantly recalculated in real time.

What Audio Engine are you using for your loops? If you’re using Stretch, try to change to Re-Pitch if possible. That should have a lower impact on CPU.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

Just out of interest, what are you trying to do? Why so much audio loops?

• Whatyes

Ii want to play my live set and i only use my audio loops

• Whatyes

MC Ozon, i can not thank you enough, this is the solution, instead of stretch use repitch and the CPU is almost not changing. Thank you so much !!!!! Unreal you turn my day into a dreamday :D

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

it would be awesome to see your loop based system in action!!

i have sort of built up a template of sorts too... using maschine and reaper..,,

be neat to see the loop-based methods you are using