Thanking of purchasing KK A series to use with Push 2. Screen Overlay?

Chilled
Chilled Member Posts: 22 Member

When you click the Browser button on the A Series controller does it open Komplete Control on you computer screen? So when browsing from A Series using Knob your can navigate via looking at your computer screen instead of the small LCD screen? I have compromised eyesight so that is very important to me. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert
    Answer ✓

No it doesn't and this is a complaint I have made a few times now because the original MK1 S series DID have a popup OSD browser that appeared on-screen with the option to instead use the keyboard scribble strip for browsing but that is now not an option and you need to browse on the tiny postage stamp sized LCD screen.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

No it doesn't and this is a complaint I have made a few times now because the original MK1 S series DID have a popup OSD browser that appeared on-screen with the option to instead use the keyboard scribble strip for browsing but that is now not an option and you need to browse on the tiny postage stamp sized LCD screen.

• Chilled
    edited September 2022

Well I certainly will not purchase the A Series then. What a shame. Seems rather deliberate to me. I do not want to purchase a 700.00 S Series just to gain this ability when I have a push 2. I do not like to use the Mouse to much as I suffer from Carpal on both hands if Mousing to much as I worked it IT (Unix0 for 25 yers). Also due to my diminished eyesight the tiny LCD screen will simply not work for me.

• JesterMgee

You should invest in something like this:

I have worked in Computers for 25 years with a lot of previous office/support type work and many many hours of gaming etc.

I started developing symptoms of stress, tingly fingers, joint pain etc from holding a mouse for so long. I switched to one of these for doing work tasks and have not had an issue in 10 years now so I use these on all my systems. Still use a typical mouse for games or certain editing tasks but use a trackball for everything else.

Can take a little adjustment but I find it's actually way more efficient since you hand does not have to move and once you have a feel for it you can flick the ball with differing levels of inertia to get across the screen, handy on a 3x monitor setup.

Worth investing some money in ergonomics.

• Chilled

Thank you for your recommendation. All the best.

• Chilled

I ended up purchasing a Mint condition KK S49 MK2 with Transfer ID for a very good price. While I love the Push 2 and at times Maschine Mk3 I find decent keys give me the most expression for melodic parts. I think I made a good decision. Thank you for all your advice. BTW: Thank you for making Elka-X NKS compatible. Totally appreciated as I purchased that today as well.