Do you have a separate harddrive for Maschine Apps and Files?

wormtooth
wormtooth Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2022 in Maschine

Relative newbie to really using my MK3 and I am finding I need to be deleting things almost constantly to keep up with exported songs, and new expansions and instruments (etc). How do y'all keep it all straight???

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Huge External Hard Drive, you can either move the "Standard User Directory" "found inf "Prefs --> Library -- User" which holds all user created Projects Files, Group Files, Export Folder, Recordings, User created Samples etc. or, when you go to Export or Save Projects or Group Presets, just save to the External hard drive. I myself copied the Standard User Directory (and All Sub Folders) to my 1TB Ext drive and then changed the path in Prefs. and then deleted the original... and I only have one library path to keep track of.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Huge External Hard Drive, you can either move the "Standard User Directory" "found inf "Prefs --> Library -- User" which holds all user created Projects Files, Group Files, Export Folder, Recordings, User created Samples etc. or, when you go to Export or Save Projects or Group Presets, just save to the External hard drive. I myself copied the Standard User Directory (and All Sub Folders) to my 1TB Ext drive and then changed the path in Prefs. and then deleted the original... and I only have one library path to keep track of.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have one internal disc for NI and other's libraries (1 TB SSD) and 2 TB internal disc for user content. And 1 TB SSD for OS, programs and part of libraries that do not fit to the main contents disc (I should have bought 2 TB SSD....).

I use external discs just for backup or data transfer.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

I have a bunch of internal drives, the ones that matter in this topic are just two tho:

One (nvme ssd) for OS and another (SSD) for NI Kontakt libraries (and similar libs from other companies), Expansions, etc.. I also have an external (nvme SSD) for custom samples and a few external drives for random DATA and backups.

If I had a laptop they would all need to be external I guess.

• xr0ckstar808
    xr0ckstar808 Member Posts: 6 Member

Would help to know your computer specs but yeah either internal storage drives or external drives.. depending on what version of complete you have get as big as you can afford I say at least 2TB then set your install paths in native access to the external for download and content