Can i use Traktor Scratch Duo still ?

Options
djglyden
djglyden Member Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello. i have had this set up for awhile just never had a chance to hook it up. right now im looking for a laptop with the right specs. having a hard time since it seems to be a old product. so im asking . Can i still use this or do i have to upgrade. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome To The New Forum.

Do you have the install disc and serial number?

You should try installing it and see what happens as it's been discontinued for many years but I see no reason for it not working. I have a functioning installation of a Traktor version from 2005 !!!

Your TSDuo will probably install Service Centre which has now been superseded by Native Access so I'm not sure if that will work.

There used to be a discounted upgrade path from certain versions of Traktor to the latest version. I don't know if your version will qualify but you can see.

Sorry I cannot be super confident in these answers but I haven't come across Traktor Scratch Duo for some years.

Let us know how you get on with installation and we can go from there.

Karlos

Answers

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Welcome To The New Forum.

Do you have the install disc and serial number?

You should try installing it and see what happens as it's been discontinued for many years but I see no reason for it not working. I have a functioning installation of a Traktor version from 2005 !!!

Your TSDuo will probably install Service Centre which has now been superseded by Native Access so I'm not sure if that will work.

There used to be a discounted upgrade path from certain versions of Traktor to the latest version. I don't know if your version will qualify but you can see.

Sorry I cannot be super confident in these answers but I haven't come across Traktor Scratch Duo for some years.

Let us know how you get on with installation and we can go from there.

Karlos

• djglyden
    djglyden Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Yes i have to box with all the connectors like its never been used. I looked at the requirments for a pc so it says windows xp or vista. my computer i have now has no disc drive. so looking for something a bit older. just wanna make sure i make a correct desion on the laptop. i know its a challenge due to the age.

this website didnt have any info about the specs. so i guess i will try like you say. i just have to get the laptop.

Thanks for your response.

• milan8888
    milan8888 Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I can still use it on an old iMac (core 2 duo) i installed it on about 10 years ago but not sure if there is any way to activate it on a "new" laptop since the Service Center doesnt exist anymore.