Maschine Help

DJ FMM
DJ FMM Member Posts: 3 Member

I just recently acquired Maschine MK1 from a friend who wasn't using it (didn't have the software) and I want to use it. I installed the drivers for it but not sure if I need to purchase the Maschine 2 software update. Is that what I need? And if so, does it come with a serial number?

Best Answer

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    Answer ✓
  • DJ FMM

Thanks for the info. I have an older computer running windows 10. Hoping that'll work. Much appreciated.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited September 2022

Oh, in that case, you have 2 options:

Get in touch with tech support, most likely you will need to buy the software, or for +- 30 extra $$ you could just buy an M32 keyboard, it comes with a Maschine Essentials license and costs like 90$ on most retailers, it fully functional the only limitation is a smaller stock sound library. I'm only mentioning this since for roughly the same price you also get a portable keyboard, seems like a better deal to me.

I'm not 100% sure about MAS software price for this specific case, NI doesn't like sharing that, so double-check with support.

• DJ FMM

Thanks again, just needing the software for the MK1 as I'd like to utilize it for beats and sampling. Wanna play around with it, see what it can do. Hoping it'll take my mixes to the next level.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Has anybody confirmed MK1 doesn't work on Windows 11, I haven't found anything that worked on Win 7 that doesn't work in Windows 11, even if you have to safe boot and install the driver.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,634 mod
    edited September 2022

Although not officially compatible with Windows 11, the Maschine MK1 should work. There is nothing fundamentally different regarding this kind of drivers between Windows 10 & Windows 11. You can get in touch about the Maschine software and how to get the licenses working here: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA