Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility

Comments

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper

Any news on Traktor?

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 148 Advisor

Thanks for keeping us informed.

I think that part of our anger as customers comes from not knowing when (and if) a product we bought will be compatible with M1 chips... Nice to see that Reaktor 6 will be updated in few months.

I don't know if the timeline will be respected, but at least I see a plan...

• Wojciech Ozimek
    Wojciech Ozimek Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2022

@Kaiwan_NI @Jeremy_NI How about the hardware timeline? Does KK update concern only SW or HW too?

I have a KK S61 to control my Cubase 12 and tomorrow morning I am getting Macbook Pro with an M1 Max chip. Will this work at all? I can see on the forum: Apple Silicon Macs (using Rosetta 2): 11, 12 (M1 only, M1 Pro and Max not currently supported)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Wojciech Ozimek M1 Pro and M1 Max are not officially supported at the moment but only a few issues were reported, for example some freezing when previewing sounds in Maschine 2.15. This issue will be fixed by the next Maschine update, that will also bring M1 native support. Komplete Kontrol keyboards seem to work without a problem on these systems at the moment but in Rosetta mode, of course. The hardware doesn't need to be updated as everything is handled by the software in that case. You will have a few weeks sticking with Rosetta mode on your M1 Pro computer (unless you depend heavily on Reaktor 6 or Battery 4, in this case it'll be a bit longer)

• Wojciech Ozimek

@Jeremy_NI thanks for this, I saw the update and it is fantastic news! My question was more related to Cubase and deep KK keyboard integration (transport controls etc). Is there/will there any specific M1 driver I need to have all this without rosetta?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Wojciech Ozimek You're welcome! Happy to finally bring some news about this! Host integration is also handled by the Komplete Kontrol application, once the next update is available, you will only need to install this to have all the Cubase functions working natively.

• domanca
    domanca Member Posts: 2 Member

This is really fantastic news!

• Wojciech Ozimek

That is so cool. Just yesterday with great hesitation i brought my first ever macbook (m1 max) so this is just a great cooincidence:) thanks NI:)

• NDEE
    NDEE Member Posts: 10 Member

Regarding the Apple Native compatibility of N.I. products, I just saw on the N.I. website that Komplete 14 is coming out soon, and that it'll be APPLE NATIVE.

Now, QUESTION FOR THE N.I. FOLKS hanging around here in the forum: What happens if I already own some of the old products like Battery 4, or FX like the Solid EQ or Replika that have now been made Apple Native for Komplete 14? Will I have access for free to these Apple Native versions since I already own them, or will I have to buy them AGAIN???

• NDEE
    NDEE Member Posts: 10 Member

From the N.I. website:

All Komplete 14 products will support M1 / Apple Silicon natively early in the last quarter of 2022, with the exception of REAKTOR 6 and BATTERY 4 which will follow in the beginning of 2023.

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 148 Advisor

Yep, you'll have free access to the updates. You already own the products so you'll get the updates for free.

Updating to Komplete 14 will just bring you MORE products, for exemple Kontakt 7 or some new libraries.

• funx
    funx Member Posts: 8 Member

I'm not sure this is always correct, for example:

I have Komplete 12 with Guitar Rig 5, and it appears only Guitar Rig 6 has been updated for M1.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    edited September 2022

So how much more work will it take for M2 compatibility, does anyone have an idea?. I havent seen anything mentioned here about it or maybe Ive just missed it.

Edit: Going by this below, is there any timeline for this?

Quote:

Current macOS Compatibility Info:

Apple Silicon (M1 / M2) Compatibility News

Compatibility of NI Products with Apple Silicon M2 Processors

At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon M2 processors. The following information applies only to the compatibility of NI products with Apple Silicon M1 computers.

Unquote

• funx
    funx Member Posts: 8 Member

Anything M1 compatible should support M2 (and future M series chips) since they’re all ARM64. I think NI is just covering themselves by saying it’s not officially supported yet.

This discussion has been closed.