Extra free software to arrange playlist, tracks, cue points, loops etc

KostaSpeed
KostaSpeed Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Extra free software to arrange playlist, tracks, cue points, loops etc, a lighter program for more easy and flexible preperation, i believe Traktor is a non friendly program for files arrangment for Dj's still.

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

I don't think there is any free software that can write cue points and export as traktor database file.

There is https://www.lexicondj.com/ but that will cost you.

• KostaSpeed
    KostaSpeed Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2022

Oh i didnt know this program! thank you very much! oh its a subscription model sofware! not for me! My thought was a programm like the big rival of traktor that have a free software to arrange your music,loops etc. and a payed performance mode only for performance!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Yes, I know you don't want a subscription. I don't think there is any free software that can export to traktor.

You could prepare everything in Rekordbox, it's pretty good at that. But that will not help you with traktor. No "big rival" will implement that.

You could use software to convert the database from RB to Traktor, but that is just such a messy way.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

I suggested something to do this a long time ago including warping of tracks to allow unstable bpms to be played.

After thinking about it, I can understand why NI would avoid doing it. Mainly just another software they would need to have support team tangled up in.

But also I wonder how many would actually use it very often.

And no one would want to pay for it.

But, I am sure NI is working on ideas for the browser and playlist management.

Especially with the Beatport streaming and the the library/browser being the top request along with Flexible grids.