How to prehear Maschine library as plugin in Ableton?

slavkman
slavkman Member Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2022 in Maschine

What am i missing? I have prehear function enabled but no sound. Prehear works as standalone but not as a plugin in Ableton. Everything else works fine as plugin. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

can you post a screenshot of Maschine opened as a plugin in Ableton...(full screen that also shows the Channel it is loaded on in Ableton!

• slavkman

Sure, here you go. You see that there is sound coming from the plugin

• Blindeddie

Can you post a screenshot with the browser open?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited September 2022

It's exactly the same as the standalone-sw version, click the speaker icon on the browser or do it from the controller while in the browser and holding Shift then enable Prehear.

• Blindeddie

OP States Pre-hear is enabled...hence my request for screenshot of browser! 🤔

• D-One

Oh sorry, my bad, I totally missed that!

In that case I'd check if the One-Shots can be prehard, that might indicate where the problem is, or a screenshot like you said.

• slavkman
    edited September 2022

Yep, here is the full screenshot. Tried different soundcards without success. Prehear is enabled and works in standalone. My library is on external hard drive but that shouldn't matter, right?

D-One, One-Shots cannot be preheard either.

• Blindeddie

Hmmm, a head scratcher for sure...unless its a Mac thing as I am testing on Win10 and no issues with pre-hear. Library location should not have anything to do with it.

• slavkman

I'll open up a ticket with NI. Thanks for giving it a shot.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,318 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @slavkman Make sure that both Maschine and Ableton both have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

What is your operating system ? Is it a M1 mac or an Intel Mac ?

• slavkman

Thanks @Jeremy_NI. I'm on a Intel Mac.

I followed your instructions and did a bunch of other things. It appears that it has something to do with the project. Previews now work on a brand new project in Ableton. Any ideas of what about a project that would make previews not work?

• D-One

Seems like when the user doesn't grant full disk access Maschine cant use the previews. If you have a project stuck in that state after granting the access try saving the Mas project, then open a new Mas-plug instance and load it.

• slavkman

Head scratcher for sure. It was something with the project that was causing the issue. I recreated it from scratch and its fine now. Previews work in Ableton. Thanks for taking the time to help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,318 mod

@slavkman Good to hear you found a way to make it work!