MacBook Air M2 and Traktor compatibility

DiscoStur
DiscoStur Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi,

just ordered my new MacBook Air with M2 chip and saw that it is not supported?!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/360014683497-Kompatibilität-mit-Apple-Silicon-M1-M2-

Has anybody tested Traktor on M2 yet?

I cannot understand why it should be not compatible… the chip is nearly the same like the M1 and I cannot remember that any Intel processor in the past 10 years needed an updated Traktor version.

Regards,

Kilian

Tagged:

Comments

• rutierut
    rutierut Member Posts: 6 Member

M1 runs so well I'm finally able to open the settings menu without my electricity bill spiking. You should be good with an M2 under Rosetta.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

M1 and M1 Pro/Mas/Ultra are also "the same". More the same, than M1 to M2.... Still Traktor had big problems on M1 Pro/Mas/Ultra, I think....

And many programs had problems with last gen (12th) Intels on Win platform.....

So, M2 and Traktor should be OK.... But, one cannot be 100% sure till it is thoroughly tested...

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    edited July 2022

"The initial versions of the M1 chips contain an architectural defect that permits sandboxed applications to exchange data, violating the security model." - so with that fixed by Apple it makes sense that new instructions for Pro/Max/Ultra and M2 needs to be updated inside Traktor.

• DJReenberg
    DJReenberg Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro M2 - Not compatible.

I'm waiting for the software to be compatible before I install it. Does anyone know when we can expect that Traktor Pro 3 will be compatible with the m2 processor?

Have you tried to install and run Traktor Pro 3 on your MacBook Air M2 since you posted this? - And if - What were the result? - Does it work?

• DiscoStur

Hi,

my MacBook Air M2 arrived yesterday and i just finished a short session (1hour) at home. So far Traktor is performing very well and i didn‘t encounter any problems. I hooked it up to my S4MK3 and everything I tried was working like on my old MacBook Air with M1.

Multicore support was enabled in the settings menu.

The only thing not working was the fullscreen button in the top right corner but I was able to enter full screen mode via Apples own button (top left, the green one).

I think I will give it a try on saturday in the club for a longer session with my old MacBook Air M1 as backup device.

• Mhbeat
    Mhbeat Member Posts: 1 Member

If you don't mind me asking, what spec did you get and how are you finding it? I am thinking I getting the air m2 8gb 512hd.

Cheers

Mark

• DiscoStur

Thats exactly the configuration I got … M2 with 8GB ram and 512 SSD. That’s enough for Traktor and it’s running super smooth.

I did a live set for 6 hours on Saturday in the club and I didn’t experience any errors or hiccups. I think I’ll switch to my M2 for production use now :)

• ArtVandelay
    ArtVandelay Member Posts: 1 Member

Still all working with MacBook Air M2 512gb and Traktor Pro 3?

I'm going to buy Air with M2...

• DiscoStur

Yes still everything working for me. Didn’t have any crash / problem since playing with my new Air / M2 :)

• Idit
    Idit Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Happy to find this discussion...

I just received my MacBook Air M2 8GB.

Traktor not compatible .

I read something about Rosetta, what does this mean? Can it help? I used time machine to sync my Macs , maybe there is another way to to handle Traktor?

Any help highly appreciated.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 61 Helper
    edited September 2022

Rosetta is Apple's own translation layer and is absolutely needed in order to run Traktor on M1/M2 before it becomes Apple Silicon native. If you cannot install or run Traktor, you need to first manually or force install Rosetta2 in your machine. Do an easy search online and you'll be all set. Traktor will install/run after that in emulation mode, which should be acceptable for now.

• djphilross
    djphilross Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Anyone know if the Macbook AIr M2 8gb can handle traktor scratch? Seems it is working for Pro 3, should it be any different?

• sidefx
    sidefx Member Posts: 4 Member

Are you having to use Rosetta 2 with your MacBook Air M2 with Traktor pro 3 and S4Mk3? Looking at getting a MacBook Pro M2 but not sure if it’s compatible.

• djabbo
    djabbo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have an M2 chip computer.

I downloaded the M1 version of native access and as it installed, my computer automatically prompted me to download Rosetta.

I just followed the download instructions that popped up and everything worked out!

• sidefx
    sidefx Member Posts: 4 Member

Just got a Mac book Pro with M2 Chip running mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 and downloaded Native Access 2 and running the latest version of Traktor Pro 3 with Rosetta. Traktor Pro 3 appears to be operating well, however, none of my hardware is working. I can't get the S4 Mk3, or the Z1 or X1 MK3 to work. Has anybody managed to get these controllers working with apple Silicon M2?