NEWB: Getting OUT of a loop

d_j_m
d_j_m Member Posts: 54 Helper
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Just starting to learn looping.

I'm fully clear on how to set one. I've got the loop all set where I want it and set to cue button 4. All is well there. When I want to throw that loop in there it is.

For the life of me though, i cannot figure out how to get OUT of the loop without going back up to my laptop and clicking it off. I'd really rather not do that if I don't have to - isn't there a way for me to do this on my controller? I'd really rather just hit a button. Am I (once again) missing the incredibly obvious?

I tried setting another cue button at the beginning of the loop thinking maybe if I hit that instead it would just play through but nah.

If it matters I'm on one of the OG s2's, the MK1 lol...

Best Answer

• d_j_m
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

OMG never mind.

I never knew the size/set knob actually pressed as well as twisted.

pressing it gets me out of the loop. I've literally been trying to figure this out for weeks. Should I leave this up in case someone else needs it or delete this thread altogether?

Figured it out watching this really, really short youtube video:

Answers

• d_j_m
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

OMG never mind.

I never knew the size/set knob actually pressed as well as twisted.

pressing it gets me out of the loop. I've literally been trying to figure this out for weeks. Should I leave this up in case someone else needs it or delete this thread altogether?

Figured it out watching this really, really short youtube video:

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

Above the pads, beside the loop button on the right of it there is a knob. Just press down on that knob like you would a button.

• d_j_m

@Wyley see my second post above ;) thank you tho!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,546 admin

Let's leave it. Pretty sure those new to Traktor will find this post useful. 😊

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

Ha ha.

2 minute difference sorry. I couldn't see it until it was posted and the page was refreshed. 😊