Installation issue - Native Access not responding (New Macbook Pro)

Seonadancing
Seonadancing Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

I play in a band and we use different logic synths in our live set. I recently upgraded to the new MacBook Pro, having some issues.

Logic runs smoother than my personal computer, so no issues there...But I went to install Native Instruments software and its not working. I goto install it just hovers and says "not responding".

I can't access a synth I desperately need next weekend. I know there are some issues with the M1 Processor/New Mac Book Pros, is there any work around for me to have access to the synths I have purchased?

I've tried following the steps to delete everything NA recommended to reinstall, but have had no success. I've also read that there are just some compatibility issues. If theres just no work arounds at this point, I'd like to just move on and find another solution in the meantime.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    edited January 2022

I'm not a mac user but have you tried this rosetta stuff? Start logic with rosetta.

Uwe

• andy
    andy Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I also can't download any purchased library, the download progress is 0% forever!!!!!

• Uwe303

Ohh, then we need help from a native guy, @Matt_NI maybe knows something or can help. You can also try to open a ticket via the wizzard, or maybe you find a solution via wizard https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/articles/360002705378

Uwe

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
  • Seonadancing

I've definitely tried this a few times at this point. No luck whatsoever. I goto launch Native Instruments from my application folder and it just sits and says not responding. I've restarted the computer, deleted everything they suggested, restarted again etc. No luck :/

• Kaiwan_NI
    Answer ✓

@Seonadancing Could it be that the installer is outdated? You can find the most up-to-date version of NA here.

• Seonadancing

Wow that did it!!! Thank you so so much you saved the day!!

• andy
    edited January 2022

I still can't download anything, the progress is 0%..... , osx 12.2 , native access 1.14

NO VPN

NO Proxy server

Full Disk Access

Firewall off

FileVault is enabled

File locations default

Country The philippine

Error MSG : Downloading Kontakt failed: Download failed: pipe(2) failed: Too many open files

(but i only download a kontakt 6 player)

😭

• andy
    edited January 2022

I solved the problem myself, and found that the download technology of native access uses a similar ******** method. ISPs in some countries prohibit such download traffic, so I can download it successfully after using vpn.

• Uwe303

Can you please tell use the country you live in and maybe the provider, that could maybe help others to solve the problem. But even over VPN isn't the traffic the same only hidden? Anyway if it works then it's fine.

Uwe

• andy
    edited January 2022

At first I tried various methods but couldn't get the download to complete, of which I tried these methods. 

1.NO VPN

2.NO Proxy server

3.Full Disk Access

4.Firewall off

5.FileVault is enabled

6.File locations default

but not work..

Until I found out that native acces uses aria2c, after I understand the technical principle of downloading, I found the downloading principle of ****** type. I instead use a vpn to get around the ISP's restrictions. I live in the Philippines and use the mobile phone hotspot of globe telecommunications company to share to the computer, because I am in the Philippines for a short-term participation in a work project, so I did not apply for a fixed home network. Using the Internet in the Philippines is almost always blocked.. especially downloading torrents. I'm not sure how the Philippines monitors the Internet, but I can download it successfully by jumping to the ip of the US region.

• Kaiwan_NI

@Seonadancing said:

Wow that did it!!! Thank you so so much you saved the day!!

yay 😎 glad to be of help

• Kaiwan_NI

@andy said:

Using the Internet in the Philippines is almost always blocked.. especially downloading torrents. I'm not sure how the Philippines monitors the Internet, but I can download it successfully by jumping to the ip of the US region.

Thanks for sharing the solution. Have no idea the restrictions there could affect our products!

• Kaiwan_NI

@d0stenning said:

same here- for days

Have you tried installing the most up-to-date version of NA here? Also worth doing a clean reinstall just in case. Here's how to do it.