Error when loading random plugins in KK

Rockhouse
Rockhouse Member Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

KK in standalone mode gives the error "file not found" on certain, rare plugins like Alicia's Keys.

But, it can load anything from Massive or Absynth or whatever. I have tons of free space on my drive E, where they live.

I keep all these files in the same directory.

I deleted all my temporary files. I followed the NI guide. All software and hardware is updated.

I have even deleted and reloaded Alicia's keys. I have rescanned the library many times. I have rebooted many times.

I can see the picture of Alicia in KK. I can see the instruments that are part of that plugin. I can hear the demo sample of every instrument.

But it gives the error every time, and will not load. NI's robo-tutorial has been fully followed.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• Rockhouse

I should add, Kontact can load Alicia's Keys. So, in my Daw, that's how I access it.

But my new S88 wants it to load to KK, and there in lies the problem. But, even without the S88 nor the Daw in play, I've narrowed it down to KK in standalone having this same issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Could you post a screenshot of the error message ? Does it happen with other Kontakt libraries ?

• Rockhouse

Hi, Jeremy. Thanks for the reply.

KK can easily load most of the instruments. I have UCE. I have not tested every instrument. Absynth and Massive load. Alicia's Keys and Abbey Road Drums get this message.

All of these plugins are in the same location on my E drive. And fwiw, Kontact can load anything with no issues in either standalone, or from Ableton.

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, can you load Kontakt from here ?

Is Kontakt showing in your plug-in preferences ?

If not, that's where the problem is coming from. Check that the Kontakt VST files are installed or placed in one of the VST folders found in Plug-Ins Locations.

• Rockhouse

Yes, I can load KK in Ableton, and it works fine for Absynth and Massive. When it failed to load Alicia's Keys this way, and asked that I run it as a standalone, I shut down Ableton and ran KK in standalone mode, where it has the exact same error.

So, I'm not sure if we want to involve Ableton until KK is fixed?

But, I will do that if you think it's smart.

• Rockhouse

Ok. So, in your first screen, near the + sign, I see what you see, with Kontakt(VST) listed, but not as a VST3, like yours.

In your second screen I also see what you see, Kontakt(VST) listed as well, but not as a VST3.

My Locations shows the folder E:\Native Instruments, and that's where I have all my NI files stored.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Try deselect the "Always Use Latest Version of NI Plugins

• Rockhouse

Good to know, but had no effect on my problem, though. Thanks anyway.

• JesterMgee

Since you have BOTH VST3 and VST2 showing, have you tried deselecting the VST3 plugins in the plugin list (or vise-versa)?

• Rockhouse

I'm only seeing the VST2s, I think. The screenshot showing both was not from me.

Also, how would I select or deselect them? I'd live to try the VST3s.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Rockhouse the question was not only to be able to see the Kontakt VST there but to be able to load the Kontakt application fom there. When you select Kontakt there, does it open or not ?

VST3 is only available since Kontakt 6.6.0, make sure to have the latest update installed in Native Access.

• Rockhouse
    edited February 2022

No, Kontakt does appear in my list of KK, but will not open.

Here's where it all is in the same folder with every other NI program.

• Rockhouse
    edited February 2022

For fun, I uninstalled Kontakt and reloaded it from Native Access. Same issues, still.

• JesterMgee
    edited February 2022

You need to learn how to use the "snip" tool to take just the info from your screen cap you need. Makes it hard to zoom in on what you are showing and is also revealing some private emails in your screen cap, hope they aren't sensitive at all.

EDIT: Images removed

• JesterMgee

Also, what DOES your plugin preferences show? Does it actually show Kontakt as listed (screenshot)?