Strummed Acoustic Pattern Issues

dasjambo
dasjambo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi all, I just got Strummed Acoustic 1 and I'm having an issue where for some reason it seems like the only patterns that are playing are the Crescendo A and Crescendo B patterns. When I hit other key switches to activate the other patterns, the patterns don't play -- only the Crescendo patterns. Any ideas about what might be going on? Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

There is a lot of commands in Logic that can be assigned to MIDI events, notes or CCs, even by accident. If the problem only occurs in Logic it's probably because of that. You can reset Logic to it's default preferences to fix this: https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/HT200260

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Can you provide a preset/snapshot name that this is happening on? (Please pick a specific preset and not say “All of Them”)

also post a screenshot of the main tab that shows the pattern names/keyswitches…

all helpful in trying to troubleshoot!

• dasjambo

Thank you! For instance, none of the "passengers" or "lemongrass" patterns are working. In clicking around I did find a few others, aside from the crescendo patterns, that do work, but they seem to be the exception. I.e. Rock A and Rock B MTD work, but Rock C MTD doesn't give me anything. I will try reinstalling tonight...

• Blindeddie

Have you tried recreating the issue in Kontakt Standalone?

• dasjambo

Thanks for that suggestion - the problem doesn't show up in Kontakt Standalone. All of the patterns seem to be working there. In Logic it's still inconsistent even after reinstalling the library -- some of the patterns work, some of them don't. Any thoughts on what that might mean or how to fix? Thanks again!

• Blindeddie

Being that I don't use Logic, I can't give you any specific advice on that, but take a look at this thread, maybe logic is reassigning the notes used for the pattern key switches...

Fix for M32 single key not working? — Native Instruments Community (native-instruments.com)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

There is a lot of commands in Logic that can be assigned to MIDI events, notes or CCs, even by accident. If the problem only occurs in Logic it's probably because of that. You can reset Logic to it's default preferences to fix this: https://support.apple.com/en-lamr/HT200260