The difference between Electric Vintage and Electric Mint?

David Macklem
David Macklem Member Posts: 16 Member

I understand that Electric Mint is newer and has more features.

But for a non-guitarist, could someone please explain how these guitars are different? Is there a big sound difference? Different capabilities?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Both libraries are indeed based on different guitars:

• Electric Vintage is based on the 1958 Fender Telecaster (as written in the Manual)
    • Electric Mint is based on the 1960 Fender Stratocaster with Rosewood neck (as written in the Manual)

I'm not a guitar expert, so I'll leave that to others. But if you have the time, read the manuals (they contain precious information) and search for these instruments on Google :)

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Both libraries are indeed based on different guitars:

• Electric Vintage is based on the 1958 Fender Telecaster (as written in the Manual)
    • Electric Mint is based on the 1960 Fender Stratocaster with Rosewood neck (as written in the Manual)

I'm not a guitar expert, so I'll leave that to others. But if you have the time, read the manuals (they contain precious information) and search for these instruments on Google :)

• David Macklem
    David Macklem Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2022

Thank you Monochrome,

I've downloaded the manuals and I'll read them.

If anyone had the same question as me, the second half of this video on YouTube has a very good sound comparison. To my ear, the Stratocaster is chimey and noisier (like with treble), whereas the Telecaster is a deeper, focused (like with bass turned up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jALvJLbGLNY