Can I sell certain items from Komplete 13 and still be eligible for upgrade pricing on K14?

Nishant
Nishant Member Posts: 22 Member

Title. I'm trying to sell items I don't use, wondering if this disqualifies me from upgrade pricing?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@Nishant There must be a misunderstanding. You might confuse with releasing software serials attached to hardware serials (as this was not possible before). Regarding bundles like Komplete Select, Komplete or Komplete Ultimate, you can't sell individual products inside them, only the whole bundle. It's the whole point of the bundle.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

You cannot sell K13 plugins (that you do not use). The bundle is one item and there are not separate licences, anyway.

• Nishant
    Nishant Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2022

That's incorrect. A while ago, someone from NI told me I could get the serials released individually. So it is separate licenses. Check in your native access if you don't believe me. It shows the serial when you click on the ... on the far right

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@Nishant There must be a misunderstanding. You might confuse with releasing software serials attached to hardware serials (as this was not possible before). Regarding bundles like Komplete Select, Komplete or Komplete Ultimate, you can't sell individual products inside them, only the whole bundle. It's the whole point of the bundle.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited August 2022

A while ago, someone from NI told me I could get the serials released individually. So it is separate licenses. Check in your native access if you don't believe me. It shows the serial when you click on the ... on the far right

Yes, each plugin/library has its own licence number. But licence is for the whole bundle. There are no means/possibility to sell separate products of bundle.

Just try it, and you will see, there is no way to do it. And also it is completely illogical, that something like it would be possible/allowed.

Bundle is bundle. If one could split it and sell it as sepatrate licences, there would be many multimilioners...

• Eric Rabb
    Eric Rabb Member Posts: 40 Member

Wow well I just learned something!