Change pitch on events

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member

Hello,

I am new to Maschine. I have loaded the Amplified Funk Greasy Kit group and I am studying the pattern to see how everything works. On the sounds with pitch such as the bass and guitar, I am wondering how the sequence has been achieved. The bass for instance has slap attacks on some events, more fingered attacks on others, and of course the pitch changes and even modulates in a sliding fashion. I don't need a long answer, just point me to the right place to quickly learn to do this myself (manual or vids) and I will figure it out. Thanks if you are willing to point me in the right direction. I am reading the entire manual but I would like to access this information quickly.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@ChrisB1969 the slap bass and one of the guitars are samples that were sliced.

For each note there is a slice:

Answers

• ChrisB1969

Could some parts of the bass sound actually be one-shots? And if so, certainly that cannot be on the same sound slot as the original sample from the kit. At least I am assuming this. I would need a different sound slot for each change in the bass line if using one shots yes?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert
    edited September 2022

Maybe the bass is a multisample Sound? The the slap samples could be triggered with the top velocities (120 - 127).

Pitch can be changed by switching a Pad to keyboard mode, and slides are possibly done with Pitch Bend on the Touch Strip.

• ChrisB1969

Thanks. The pad responds to different velocities with volume only. Yes the slide will change the pitch, but I have not worked out how to record this yet. Keyboard Mode does not work for that pad, though of course I have used keyboard mode for instruments with pitch, but not kits. More info would help, especially just a pointer in the direction to learn this process.

• ChrisB1969

Ok so there are 5 key switches (or maybe just samples) that are assigned to the five lowest pitches available C-2 through E-2, all based on the note A. So that is easy enough to record as long as I want the pitch A with all 5 possible choices. How do I get the other 11 chromatic pitches if I don't want to base this on A?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@ChrisB1969 the slap bass and one of the guitars are samples that were sliced.

For each note there is a slice:

• ChrisB1969

So if I wish to use those slices, but in a different key, what would you recommend to adjust the pitch?

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

If a sample is just one note you can use keyboard mode to play different pitches. If a sliced performance is spread out over different keys, occupying different zones in the sampler (look up the sampler plugin in the manual) then using the tune knob in the plugin should repitch all zones