Komplete Kontrol doesn't play all instruments

ANG67
ANG67 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm running Komplete Kontrol inside Logic on Mac and all of a sudden, certain instruments won't play. I had issues with loading but this has been resolved. Some thing play such as Massive and Battery, but many others don't, including Noire, Grandeur, Cremona Cello...and the list goes on. They load fine, MIDI is triggered, even the audition sounds work but once loaded, Logic won't emit any audio. All Logic instruments and other third party's load and play as normal...this has only just happened (I've reinstalled KK btw and no issues with the audio plug in scans any more)

Just can't get any sound out! I've probably missed something obvious...??

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Please note that Kontakt is not yet compatible with M1 and not officially supported on Monterey.

Do you have a M1 MAc or an Intel one ? If you have a M1 make sure to run Logic in Rosetta mode:

How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Also double check that Logic and Komplete Kontrol both have Full Disk Access:

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If that doesn't fix it try to open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, see if the issue is the same there. Finally open Kontakt in standalone, choose an audio device and driver.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Please note that Kontakt is not yet compatible with M1 and not officially supported on Monterey.

Do you have a M1 MAc or an Intel one ? If you have a M1 make sure to run Logic in Rosetta mode:

How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Also double check that Logic and Komplete Kontrol both have Full Disk Access:

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If that doesn't fix it try to open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, see if the issue is the same there. Finally open Kontakt in standalone, choose an audio device and driver.

• ANG67
    edited February 2022

Thanks Jeremy.

Opening Contact in standalone showed that the failed instruments weren't scanning...quick rescan/relocation sorted the issue. Not sure why they disappeared...is that just an M1 glitch? I'm starting using Rosseta by the way, that wasn't the issue.

• Jeremy_NI

Well, if Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt didn't have Full Disk Access, that could explain why you had to run Kontakt in standalone to fix the issue.

• ANG67

Hi Jeremy,

I've completed a reinstallation and solved most of my issues however I'm unable to install about 45 instruments and expansion packs. Is this a Monterey related issue? Have raised a support request. Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

@ANG67 It could be an issue with Ventura but not Monterey! Hopefully my colleagues sort it out for you.