Noob question about Kontakt instruments

Konoko
Konoko Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello there, I just got Komplete standard edition but am a bit puzzled by the Kontakt instruments. I work with FL Studio and am new to music creation, so sorry for this very basic question.

First of all the Factory Library has a great collection of single noted samples which I really love. But there are not many rock/metal guitar sounds so I had great expectations to the guitar instruments (Electric Sunburst, Strummed Acoustic, etc), as I liked the demo songs on the product page. However the sounds are all in the form of loops, and I checked some tutorials, can't find a way to edit the loop or use a segment out of it.

My questions is, are those instruments (aside from the factory library) not meant for creating music from scratch, note by note ? If that's the case, I will not spend time on learning them.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

In the particular cases of Electric Sunburst and Strummed Acoustic, they aren't really loops, but pattern players. However, neither of those two instruments are capable of playing melodies (single note string phrases).

It is possible to manipulate the start and end of the pattern and/or shorten it using the <pattern> tab of the information [i] dialog by grabbing any one of the "dots" in the pattern (note the 'Shift' value) and scroll left or right, and shorten the pattern using the flag at the end of the pattern box (note the 'End' value).

Electric Sunburst DELUXE, Electric Vintage, and Picked Acoustic can play either strumming patterns or preprogrammed/freestyle melodic lines.

The manual for each library explains all of the functionality and is available in the <Documentation> folder where each particular library is installed.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

In the particular cases of Electric Sunburst and Strummed Acoustic, they aren't really loops, but pattern players. However, neither of those two instruments are capable of playing melodies (single note string phrases).

It is possible to manipulate the start and end of the pattern and/or shorten it using the <pattern> tab of the information [i] dialog by grabbing any one of the "dots" in the pattern (note the 'Shift' value) and scroll left or right, and shorten the pattern using the flag at the end of the pattern box (note the 'End' value).

Electric Sunburst DELUXE, Electric Vintage, and Picked Acoustic can play either strumming patterns or preprogrammed/freestyle melodic lines.

The manual for each library explains all of the functionality and is available in the <Documentation> folder where each particular library is installed.

• Konoko
    Konoko Member Posts: 7 Member

Thanks a lot for the answer Brad - just tried out and it does modify the pattern in a way. But the minimum length seems to be at least one bar. I'll check the manuals and see if there are other possibilities to use them in a way.