Should I uninstall user made NKS if a VST gets official NKS support?

Drifter
Drifter Member Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I just downloaded the update to Synthmaster One and as wondering if this was. consideration

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert
    Answer ✓

It's up to you.

There is no "uninstall" just delete the folder if you feel the official NKS support is suitable ffor your needs. Some users like the additional control of the unofficial NKS (personally I use my own still as I find it more flexible in the controls) and especially users that rely on the more in-depth controls or in some cases deeper tagging prefer to use the custom NKS files over official ones so it is completely up to you what you feel like doing.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

It's up to you.

There is no "uninstall" just delete the folder if you feel the official NKS support is suitable ffor your needs. Some users like the additional control of the unofficial NKS (personally I use my own still as I find it more flexible in the controls) and especially users that rely on the more in-depth controls or in some cases deeper tagging prefer to use the custom NKS files over official ones so it is completely up to you what you feel like doing.

• Drifter

Ok fair enough. I will compare them and see. I guess "uninstall'. is the wrong word lol. Do you use Synthmaster or Audio Damage synths?

• JesterMgee

Synthmaster sometimes, I created the NKS for it originally but seldom use it. Audio Damage no.

• Drifter

Synthmaster is one of the best iOS synths made. You can use it on your phone, iPad ,and then upload your sound design to the computer

• JesterMgee

Cool I guess if you are into designing sounds on an iOS device. I only use ipads for automation controllers these days and couldn't imagine fumbling with a synth on a small phone. I've grown tired personally of using touchscreens for this kind of stuff and hence prefer the hardware control and tactile feedback. I have used SynthMaster II a little bit but find it kind of complex and too "fiddly" for my simple needs. Much prefer a "traditional" synth layout.