Audio 8 to an Audio 6 Timecode CD's

Dr3wk
Dr3wk Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I've recently upgraded my setup from the original Traktor Scratch Pro/Audio 8/X1 MK1 to a Mac Air i7-5650/X1 MK2 and am now looking to pickup an Audio 6 for compatibility reasons.

My question is: Has anyone ever tried the time code cd's from the original scratch pro (Audio 8) with the newer Audio 6 Interface? Curious as it looks like I can get my hands on one but the seller doesn't know where his CD's are.

Best Answers

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I recall some time back when Traktor moved to timecode v2 there was a whole thing where users upgrading from the original TSP Audio8 would retain timecode v1 compatibility with the new interfaces and software. Did you upgrade your Traktor software as well, and what OS are you running?

The original TSP CDs should work for the most part through the Audio6 interface, though replacements are easily purchased and highly recommended for maximum compatibility.

• Dr3wk
    Answer ✓

I've upgraded to TSP3. It seems that most of the bugs are fixed with upgrading everything, especially with MacOS. I'm currently running Monterey and I've seen the recent compatibility list. I'll try the older V1's and see what happens, but I will probably try and find some V2's or a downloadable re-write option as I'm reading some opinions of "skipping".

I see a downloadable link on NI site for Timecode CD's so I'll try those anyway. Hopefully they work with CDJ1000's.

Thanks

Answers

• TeLLy
    Answer ✓

I recall some time back when Traktor moved to timecode v2 there was a whole thing where users upgrading from the original TSP Audio8 would retain timecode v1 compatibility with the new interfaces and software. Did you upgrade your Traktor software as well, and what OS are you running?

The original TSP CDs should work for the most part through the Audio6 interface, though replacements are easily purchased and highly recommended for maximum compatibility.

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

This should be possible as you seem to have an older version TSP. What @TeLLy says is correct.

If you're getting an Audio 6 you may as well upgrade your timecode CDs as it's a much better version, 2Khz.

Karlos.

• TeLLy

Thanks for confirming Karlos. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't v1 also 2KHz signal? I can't remember for the life of me what the improvement listings were but I still have some of the beta vinyl!

• Dr3wk
    Answer ✓

I've upgraded to TSP3. It seems that most of the bugs are fixed with upgrading everything, especially with MacOS. I'm currently running Monterey and I've seen the recent compatibility list. I'll try the older V1's and see what happens, but I will probably try and find some V2's or a downloadable re-write option as I'm reading some opinions of "skipping".

I see a downloadable link on NI site for Timecode CD's so I'll try those anyway. Hopefully they work with CDJ1000's.

Thanks

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

@TeLLy yeah it was 2Khz. I should have be more clear.

MK2 timecode was a completely new code written by NI whilst the previous code was the property of N2IT (a different company).

MK1 timecode works with Traktor Pro 2.1.1 and earlier.

MK2 timecode works with Traktor 2.1.2 and above.

Users that bought Traktor previous to 2.1.1 will be able to use both MK1 & MK2.

Phew...