Anyone having a Sync issue with the new EMPIRE BREAKS Play Kontakt Instrument?

chuckgreenjr
chuckgreenjr Member Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2022 in Kontakt

I purchased Empire Breaks yesterday and almost right from the beginning I'm noticing where it will slow down and speed up in Maschine 2. I turn on the click to see if the click was changing tempos as well but the click was steady, it was just the output of Empire Breaks. I also record a single midi note on c3 for a total of four measure (snapped to the grid). Over a period of a couple of minutes, Empire Breaks would begin to drift. Also I notice that when looping the four-bar sequence, at the end of the midi loop (just one continuous note), Empire Breaks would kinda hick-up and then get out of sync completely.

I replace Empire Breaks with Butch Vig drums and found NO issues. I also tried Superior Drummer 3 and again NO issues.

One other thing to mention, I had an instance of Session Guitarist - Acoustic Strummer 2 and the newest one, Session Guitarist - Electric Mint also playing. Both Session Guitarist were in sync. Then I disabled both of them but still found Empire Breaks to go out-of-sync.

I'm thinking it's the instrument itself.......

Regards,

Chuck Green

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

OK then there's one more thing that might be the cause of this. FL Studio is known for throwing random buffer sizes at the plugin, and certain plugins really don't like that and can misbehave in various ways as a consequence. Kontakt is one of such plugins. So to remedy this, please enable sending fixed buffers in FL's plugin wrapper:

It is then also recommended to use this setting as default for Kontakt (update the FST preset that FL uses when instantiating the plugin), so please also do that:

After this, I'm out of options honestly. There is nothing wrong on the script side of things as far as I can see (I scripted this instrument) - and as mentioned, I cannot confirm this behavior in a number of other hosts...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,308 mod
    Answer ✓

@Benny Makes Music Have you tried the steps in this thread? IT's been consolidated as a KB article: My KONTAKT Instrument Is Out of Sync in FL Studio

If that does not apply to you please give more info, like operating system, DAW, how to reproduce the bug, etc...

Answers

• EvilDragon

This one is weird. I think I can confirm what you're saying in Maschine, but in Reaper (and FL Studio, and Live 11, and Studio One 5...) a 4 bar long C3 note loops perfectly fine over here...

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 996 Guru

I haven't tried in Maschine 2 software yet, but in Komplete Kontrol I noticed that when a "break" is playing, adjusting the various knobs along the bottom affects the sound quite dramatically (more than I feel it should) then it settles down again.

• chuckgreenjr
    edited July 2022

Thanks EvilDragon & PK The DJ... I tried it again just stand-alone in Maschine with the "Like A Tiger Kit" patch and it seem to be ok. But in my sequence where I had 3 Session Guitarist tracks (I forgot to mention Prime Bass), the tempo changes. I'm happy to see you are seeing something EvilDragon on your system.... At least it confirms that the issue is not unique to me. Appreciate it ! ! !

Chuck

BTW: One may think it is CPU related, and maybe it is but the CPU indicator in Maschine is at the very bottom so I don't believe that's the issue. FWIW.

• paulbaarn
    paulbaarn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have the same issue in FL Studio 20.9. If a trigger the sequence manually, while the DAW transport is not running, everything plays in time. If I trigger the sequence while the DAW transport is active, the sequence speeds up and slows down and is unusable.

Further experimentation shows that it only happens for me when the DAW tempo equals 140 BPM. If I go higher or lower it stays in sync. Even crazier: if I start play at 140BPM the sync is all over the place. If I start at a different BPM and then change it to 140 while playing, the sync remains correct.

Anyway, I know how to avoid the problems for now. If all else fails I just copy the midi.

• chuckgreenjr

Thanks Paul for doing the additional research and response. I don't like to see bugs in software but at the same time, I don't like being the only one experiencing the issue. This confirms that the bug is unique to Kontakt and not our DAWs or systems. That in itself is great news. Thanks again. Appreciated.

• SYRE
    SYRE Member Posts: 9 Member

Yeah, I'm having the same issue on FL Studio 20.9. I can't remember having this problem a couple of weeks ago when I first bought it. Anyone got a suggestion or a solution maybe?

• SYRE

2 more weeks and no words from NI? This bug seems like it needs to be addressed by someone official?

• EvilDragon

Question: do you perhaps have Input Quantize enabled on the Pattern page? If yes, and your pattern trigger notes in the host are already snapped to the grid, feel free to disable Input Quantize.

• SYRE

Nope, no Input Quantize enabled. No difference if I turn it on or off, still the same bug.

• EvilDragon
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

OK then there's one more thing that might be the cause of this. FL Studio is known for throwing random buffer sizes at the plugin, and certain plugins really don't like that and can misbehave in various ways as a consequence. Kontakt is one of such plugins. So to remedy this, please enable sending fixed buffers in FL's plugin wrapper:

It is then also recommended to use this setting as default for Kontakt (update the FST preset that FL uses when instantiating the plugin), so please also do that:

After this, I'm out of options honestly. There is nothing wrong on the script side of things as far as I can see (I scripted this instrument) - and as mentioned, I cannot confirm this behavior in a number of other hosts...

• SYRE
  • SYRE

This got it working as it should! Now everything seems to be running smothly, thanks for your help!

• EvilDragon
    edited September 2022

Awesome! Really glad it worked out! 😀

• choralsm
    choralsm Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Please any options for Studio One 5? I'm having the same problem

• Stefan Wendin
    Stefan Wendin Member Posts: 3 Member

I am running Logic with the same problem. I have run Empire Breaks in Komplete, Kontakt, Kontakt 7.