Select images not displaying in replicated K6 instrument

cbmtrx
cbmtrx Member Posts: 11 Member

Hi folks, (nice new place I see here...)

For a new K6 instrument I had started with Creator Tools and created a performance view file...but pretty soon I went back to Sublime+KSP. I got the first instrument working fine but the problems started with *a copy* of that instrument that I intended to customize.

When I finished the collect sample/batch compress and re-save process, the new instrument immediately threw an error with the load_performance_view line (the one originally generated with Creator Tools) resulting in no UI images loading. (Is there something embedded in the perf view file that would cause a duplicate instrument to have a problem?) When I manually removed that line in the script ( load_performance_view("default") ) along with the performance_view folder, and then re-saved everything, the alternate version had missing images for both switches (?) and had placed the "new" instrument icon where there was blank space before (I was using the background image there).

Anyone encountered this? I expected that creating quick duplicates from a template instrument would be a cakewalk. Guess not.

Best Answer

• cbmtrx
    Answer ✓

Arg, I forgot there was a duplicate of this post. I meant to post my solution here, sorry.

I think it was a permissions issue: all my dev work and sample folders are stored on external SSDs. When I moved/opened the instrument from the Mac's hard drive, it loaded fine. When I re-tested it from the SSD, it had some missing images.

Weirdly, I've since created half a dozen new instruments from the same template and have not seen the problem again. Probably human error...

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

One thing to note with the batch collect/compress process is that the resulting NKI links back to the NKR from the source folder, instead of copying it over. I'm not sure if you've moved the library around after the batch collect/compress process but if you did, you would've gotten a missing content dialog asking for the NKR.

This would explain missing images - it seems you didn't repack the NKR so that it contains updated images in it, and may have even broken the link with the Resources folder by renaming it? Dunno, too many variables at play here...

• cbmtrx
    Answer ✓

Arg, I forgot there was a duplicate of this post. I meant to post my solution here, sorry.

I think it was a permissions issue: all my dev work and sample folders are stored on external SSDs. When I moved/opened the instrument from the Mac's hard drive, it loaded fine. When I re-tested it from the SSD, it had some missing images.

Weirdly, I've since created half a dozen new instruments from the same template and have not seen the problem again. Probably human error...