Xone K2 - Anyone got a working Mapping for Traktor 3 (Macbook Air M1)?

cojobt
cojobt Member Posts: 3 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple 2 channel map for the Xone K2, and any suggestions as to why the midi functions are non-responsive in my MB Air.

I've upgraded the controller using Critical Update 2.5.0 to make it compatible with my Macbook Air M1. The audio interface is working, and I can see midi-in registering, but none of the controls or any of the maps I have for the Xone K2 are working.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    1. Check the channel that the map assignments are using (Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Device (select the K2) ). In my case (see picture) this is channel 13.
    2. Start the K2 (unplug and replug cable) while holding down the lower right endless encoder (power on setup / scroll / select)
    3. Now in setup, turn the encoder (left right) until it settles on matrix button A (MIDI CH).
    4. Press the encoder and the button matrix will show 1-16 of it's LED's glowing red. The number of LED's signifies which channel the K2 is on.
    5. Turn the Knob until it matches the channel# used by the mapping.
    6. Press the Knob, to exit MIDI CH, then press the rightmost button at the bottom (EXIT SETUP) to exit the setup.

EDIT: Depending on which usb connection you are using for the K2, the In/Out port to select will be different. On the picture you see the number 3 in the port, which means it is the third usb connection i've ever used to connect the device with my computer. If you then disconnect and use a different usb connection, you have to manually set the new port.

Answers

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 121 Helper

Weird.

What happens if You try to "learn" for example the "PLAY DECK" button on any of the buttons of K2?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    1. Check the channel that the map assignments are using (Preferences --> Controller Manager --> Device (select the K2) ). In my case (see picture) this is channel 13.
    2. Start the K2 (unplug and replug cable) while holding down the lower right endless encoder (power on setup / scroll / select)
    3. Now in setup, turn the encoder (left right) until it settles on matrix button A (MIDI CH).
    4. Press the encoder and the button matrix will show 1-16 of it's LED's glowing red. The number of LED's signifies which channel the K2 is on.
    5. Turn the Knob until it matches the channel# used by the mapping.
    6. Press the Knob, to exit MIDI CH, then press the rightmost button at the bottom (EXIT SETUP) to exit the setup.

EDIT: Depending on which usb connection you are using for the K2, the In/Out port to select will be different. On the picture you see the number 3 in the port, which means it is the third usb connection i've ever used to connect the device with my computer. If you then disconnect and use a different usb connection, you have to manually set the new port.

• cojobt

Hi, interesting...it actually learned it, and activated play on a deck in Traktor. So finally I have some responsiveness. However I don't really fancy reprogramming an entire map!

Is there a second step? Will I have to map the whole thing?

• cojobt

Fantastic! Thank you. It's working now. Brilliant - I'd forgotten all about this as it's been a few years since I used the K2.

Thanks again!