Anybody know what the error 'TouchError' means on Mikro and M32?

ChampionBot
ChampionBot Member Posts: 17 Member

I just yesterday bought a maschine mikro mk3 and kontrol M32. Plugged them in to my MBP and an error comes up on the LCD screen on both devices that just says 'TouchError'

Anyone know what it means? I've searched everywhere and can't find anyone mentioning it.

Best Answer

• ChampionBot
    Answer ✓

Turns out it was the hub. I was running a Mikro and M32 via usb int a usb a to usbc port without power. As soon as I got my Caldigit element hub which is powered everything works sweet 👌🏼

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Having opened my Mikro due to an unfortunate drink spill…😵‍💫 before completely remounting the PCB with all the screws I plugged it in to “test” it and when I tried pressing a pad or button I got that error. Probably due to the button/pad not making proper contact to the PCB. You can try opening the units (don’t do that if the units are new) and check that the PCB is properly mounted or get your money back. You should be able to tell if the units were ever opened by looking for the “Removing or damaging this sticker voids the warranty” sticker as it has to be removed/broken in order to get the last screw out… if the stickers are in tact, then a good possibility that mounting posts for the PCBs are broken or screws loosened during shipping. Note, if the units are new, contact hardware support!!!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@ChampionBot Did you connect the devices directly to a USB port of your computer ? Did you try with another USB cable ? Have you tried to connect them to another computer?

• ChampionBot
    Answer ✓

Turns out it was the hub. I was running a Mikro and M32 via usb int a usb a to usbc port without power. As soon as I got my Caldigit element hub which is powered everything works sweet 👌🏼

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Easy fixes are the best!!! Glad it was not an issue with the controllers!