New computer, same external drive, NI v2: How do I "relocate all"?

John Horton
John Horton Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi! I use a lot of Native Instrument sounds, typically via Kontakt. I keep nearly all of my sound libraries on an external drive. The programs, like Native Instruments, Kontakt and others, are of course on my computer itself.

I just got a new Mac Studio M1 Ultra, and I'm trying to basically "relocate all" so that when I open my DAW, Logic Pro X, it will...for lack of a better term, populate all of the Kontakt libraries just like on my old computer.

What I'm finding is that I have to go in and do this one by one in Native Instruments 2. I believe in the old version of NI, there was a "relocate all" where you could do this in bulk. Any suggestions/ideas?

Best Answer

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 239 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I would go to kontakt in standalone, then set the library location on external drive in prefs, then try loading something. Then in native access make sure your prefs for install is same place. Maybe install something new into that location to bless it.

Answers

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 239 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I would go to kontakt in standalone, then set the library location on external drive in prefs, then try loading something. Then in native access make sure your prefs for install is same place. Maybe install something new into that location to bless it.