Is there a way to turn off Native Instruments Controllers without Unplugging them?

Eklethe
Eklethe Member Posts: 32 Member

Hello!

Is there a way to turn off instruments such as the Maschine Jam or Komplete Kontrol M32 without unplugging them? My Maschine MK3 has a power button on the side, so that's how I keep it plugged in but off when I'm not using it, but with my JAM and Komplete keyboard I have to unplug/plug them back in every time I want to use them.

If anyone has an easier way, please let me know!

Thanks!

E

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert
    Answer ✓

Nope. Unsure what OS you are on (you haven't detailed that in your profile which can be handy info to put in there since most people obliviously leave that part out...)

If you are direct connected to the USB port on your computer you can (on Windows) usually configure in the BIOS to have the USB drop power when the system is off so it will power off controllers like this.

Optionally you can get one of those USB hubs with switched power on them, something I also have:

Otherwise, without a power switch on said device, you have to unplug it.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert
    Answer ✓

Nope. Unsure what OS you are on (you haven't detailed that in your profile which can be handy info to put in there since most people obliviously leave that part out...)

If you are direct connected to the USB port on your computer you can (on Windows) usually configure in the BIOS to have the USB drop power when the system is off so it will power off controllers like this.

Optionally you can get one of those USB hubs with switched power on them, something I also have:

Otherwise, without a power switch on said device, you have to unplug it.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

I love that Orico USB hub with the on/off for each usb! Never seen that before.

That said, I can't get at my power switch because of how it is built in to millwork and so I use a standard switchable power bar to turn on/off my various studio usb devices when I fire up and shut down the studio. Works awesome and its a $5 power bar.