Native Access 2 is here

Comments

• Man from Space
    Man from Space Member Posts: 1 Member

A new version, a new missed opportunity to add A PRODUCT UNINSTALLER FOR MAC.

It's 2022, for God's sake. It's not even difficult, I could write an uninstaller in Node.js in a week.

Seriously. Grow up. Arturia has uninstaller, Izotope has uninstaller, Kilohearts has uninstaller.

• Azoraa
    Azoraa Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2022

The new installer sounds so bad after reading this thread, I am afraid to run the first one and have it automatically update. I will not run it or purchase any more products until I feel better about this situation. I am ok with using what I already have now for a long time but do not want to create new problems with it.

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited August 2022

Exactly my own view.

Came to NI to buy nearly every single piece of available software to add to my Roland Fantom 8 current production and now even the prices showing huge discounts here and there (919 € for Komplete 13 Ultimate Coll. Ed. is still being seen) are not grabbing my attention anymore.

Also waiting for Kontakt to correctly adapt size on high resolution screens.

• Ambientdave
    Ambientdave Member Posts: 16 Member

Wow!! This new native Access 2 is great!! 😀

What nice surprise to see this,lots of fantastic improvements, The original Native Access was great too,but this

is just so much better,nice graphics,easy to navigate too

Thank you everyone at Native Instruments

• Wojciech Ozimek
    Wojciech Ozimek Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited August 2022

cannot get it work, but it already removed NA1 so I have now NA 0:P

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited August 2022

Shouldn't I get a update notification by opening NA1? There are no updates available ( visual )when i open native access

And I didn't update is yet

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Theo van de Ven Native Access 1 will not update automatically to version 2 at the moment. This is why we provided the link on this very post.

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper

Having just tried 2.4.0 I am very grateful for the NA1 download links.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

NA2 is so bad it's embarassing. It seems to get slower with every update.

It got to a point where I start NA2, then run all my other installers one at a time to check for updates (Arturia ASC, KiloHearts Installer, Korg Software Pass, reFX Cloud, Softube Central, TDR Collector, Waves Central and XLN Online Intaller).

By the time this is all done, NA2 has started up if I'm lucky... 🙄

Come on NI, you can do better.

• ProfessorChaos
    ProfessorChaos Member Posts: 129 Advisor

Is this a joke? I can't remember how long the first version used to take to load, but this is embarrassing. On a Mac Studio Ultra with an internal 4 TB SSD that has a speed of 6 GB/s, it took 3 minutes and 26 seconds to load. This is a machine that loads most apps in a second or two (unless of course they are Adobe apps, but nothing loads those fast). Also, each system reboot, when I open it, it's as if I had just installed it. It starts with a small progress box that says "Setting up", then "Installing dependencies", then "Activating products", then "App is ready". But it's not ready.

Then it opens what will become the full size window which says loading products and at this point I stopped typing down the messages, until I stopped the chronometer when I finally saw my list of products.

Oh, and then I rebooted again just to see if next time it would open straight to the apps, but not, it keeps going through all the same steps.

What kind of joke is this? Do you people not have any QC before you launch a new product? Are your managers so dumb that they set an unrealistic deadline so you have to stay up all night and then turn in a bad product out of exhaustion? Because if this is so slow in a Mac Studio with a drive that does almost everything in seconds, I can't even imagine what this is like if I run it on an older machine.

If this is a manager or CEO problem, tell them to wait. Not meeting a deadline is always better than putting out a poorly done product. And if you don't have those demands, then you need to do a lot more QC before you launch a turd like this.

• yore
    yore Member Posts: 3 Member

This is really bad :-( 3 minutes to launch the program and then when I tried to install the available update, I got an immediate "Download failed". Quitting the program then will get an message asking if I'm sure I want to quit as there is a download in progress :-(. This with the version 2.4.0.

• pnutbutta
    pnutbutta Member Posts: 4 Member

Please add the option to change the color theme like version 1 with white background. Older eyes don't jive well with these latest trends in making everything "dark mode".

I love the layout and category tabs.

• Sebanimations
    Sebanimations Member Posts: 3 Member

I updated from NA1 to NA2 but then all my 3rd party libraries were missing? Couldn't find a way to locate them... Had to downgrade again. Anyone has a solution?

This discussion has been closed.