Is my version of Kontakt 6 the full version?

LNovik
LNovik Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

I am trying to download some free third party guitar samples. It's a limited number of some samples.

However, in big letters, it says that one must have the full version of Kontakt in order to play these samples. So, since I just saw Kontakt 6 for a reduced price of $200, is that product considered a "Full Version" of Kontakt. I do believe they were just saying that you could not just use a Kontakt "Player" to run this, so I think Kontakt 6 WOULD be OK, but just asking to make sure.

Thanks for your time.

LNovik

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

If you want paid, you have the full version and can use any Kontakt Library.

• LNovik
    LNovik Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. Pranaearth's reply seems to answer my question. Kontakt 6, which I could buy currently for $200, is considered to be one of the "FULL" versions of Kontakt.

I'm not sure what Blindeddie means by his reply. Any version of Kontakt, except a trial version, is a "paid" version. I was saying I could find some guitar samples from another company which are free, but that company says they will only work on a "full version" of Kontakt.

LNovik

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Ok, to clarify, there are only two versions of Kontakt, “Player” (Free) and “Full” (Paid). The free/unlicensed libraries you speak of will open in The Player in Demo mode (15 minute time limit) but will open fine in the Full version. The Player is free but will open Licensed Kontakt Libraries only for unlimited and is not a “Trial” version.