Loop and One-Shot Key Issue

martinez
martinez Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Hello,

When browsing in Maschine library for a loop (or a one-shot), there si a key indication in the name : C, A#m,...

It's a pretty good when to choose the right key. But many times, I've noticed that the loop key in the name is wrong. Am I the only one to have this issue ?

By the way, in my screenshot there is a E#m loop. I'm confused because E# is actually.... F ! Why choose E# and not F ?

Thanks for your help ! :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,574 mod

Hey @martinez Do you know where exactly these loops come from ? Expansions ? I couldn't find those on my system. You can check by right clicking the prest, show in Finder.

• martinez
    martinez Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm only talking about NI loop ans sample : they are coming from expansion or the Maschine Library.

In my example : "Guitar[104] A#m Turin" and "Guitar[104] E#m Turin" are coming from the Anima Ascent expansion

And # Guitar[104] A#m Turin is NOT in A#min but in E major....

If you want I can give you more example

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,868 mod
    edited August 2022

I don't have anything in E# but got a bunch in B# which should be just C, all in the Carbon Decay Expansion 🤷‍♂️

I personally don't use Machines libs/expansions loops but I find wrong keys all over loop libs very often, sometimes folks can play awesome stuff but don't know what they're technically doing if they play by ear? Even software to detect key is not 100% accurate.

It might be just because some folks prefer to always only use either the term flat or sharp extremally rigidly even tho there's a technical difference ?? Also curious about this...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,574 mod

Alright, I'll try to find out why but it might be tricky to get a straight answer since it's not always the same team or person behind expansions.