Traktor Pro 3.6.0 325 Data Base can´t handle folders and files with umlauts

Herrr Stuke
Herrr Stuke Member Posts: 3 Member

Hey there, I‘m a german user. In our language a lot of words have umaluts (ü/ä/ö), in my music directory I've got a folder named "Künstler" - so far so good, no problem up to now.

NOW (Version 3.6.0 325), I wondered why tracks are suddenly doubled in the Data Base, looking at the File Paths there appears a second path to my "Künstler" folder.

For example: Originally: .../Künstler/ABBA/Mamma Mia

NOW there‘s a second VIRTUAL folder/Path: .../Ku nstler/ABBA/Mamma Mia

The file itself is not doubled, there is still one file in the folder. So it‘s not possible to delete the doubled (virtual) file shown in ".../Ku nstler/..." path, the one physically stored file/track will be erased.

My solution was to rename my "Künstler" folder to "Kuenstler", run "Check Consistency" and point then all the missing tracks to the new "Kuenstler" folder.

AND all SONGS with UMLAUTS now got a virtual "Brother", are also virtually doubled.

For example: "Mein kleiner grüner Kaktus" is now also shown as "Mein kleiner gru ner Kaktus"

So, please fix this BUG.

THX!

Best,

Thomas

Tagged:

Comments

• Phill
    Phill Member Posts: 4 Member

Actually variations on this have been a problem for a while. I have a number of Obscure tracks from Germany and Scandanavia that have umlats and a couple of other special characters that I had to strip out to get them to process and show up in the collection and searches. Rufus Du Sol is one of the better known ones.

Phil

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited August 2022

This thread is about that issue. The problem seems to be identified.

See page 2 the post from Jonas from NI:

"We've now fully understood and identify the bug. This is one of our top priority and we're already working on a fix that should solve the problem and remove the duplicate entries."

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Thanks for reporting @Herrr Stuke. We'll give an update in that thread once the fix is ready. This post is now closed to avoid duplicates.

This discussion has been closed.