KONTAKT Libraries's Order not kept.

KOSTAS
KOSTAS Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

KONTAKT Libraries's Order not kept. Is there a away to make it keep them in the order I put them ?

Tagged:

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You are saying you order them and the next time you open Kontakt that they are in a different order? (or the order they were before you re-ordered). It works just fine for me on Windows, Possibly a Permissions issue in Monterey is preventing the order from being written and held...Not a Mac guy, but read enough posts to know that lack of permissions can cause issues on Mac saving settings.

• KOSTAS

Τhank you for answering...I'll check what you suggest.

• KOSTAS

Unfortunately although I checked permissions (Monterey / Mac Pro) I had no results.

Kontakt's Libraries's Order not kept after arranging them when I open it again. Is there a away to make it keep them in the order I put them ? Is it my something I don't do ? How can I "save" my arranged Libraries on it ?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Once you reorder, it should automatically be saved, works fine for me on windows, so not quite sure what might be going on!

• Wonner
    Wonner Member Posts: 10 Member

On your Mac, go to System Preferences, then to Security & Privacy, select "Full Disk Access" in the left hand list, click the padlock at the bottom of the window to make changes, and add Kontakt to the list on the right and put a check mark beside it to enable.

You may also want to consider adding Native Access or any other NI apps you to the list.

Hope that helps.

• channelo
    channelo Member Posts: 7 Member

Try toggling between turning A-Z (sort by alphabetical order) on and off. You may find your order is shown when turning A-Z off?

• Louis Lafontaine
    Louis Lafontaine Member Posts: 2 Member

I had the same Libraries sorting problem within Kontakt (left pane). I solved it once I gave Kontakt AND Service Centre complete disk access in Mac System Settings under Confidentiality and Security.

I read that you need to quit Kontakt and restart the computer to fully make the changes for taking effect.

That's also a good way to verify the work you done sorting is effective, because only quit and relaunch Kontakt on the same session is not sufficient.