Upgrade pricing for Komplete 13

AlexH
AlexH Member Posts: 5 Member

Hi all

Komplete 13, which contains Kontakt 6, is on sale for AUD$599.

I just purchased Kontakt 6 with a crossgrade offer for AUD$189. Afterwards, I had an offer show, saying I could upgrade to Komplete 13 for AU$599.

I could have purchased Komplete 13 for AU$599 and received Kontakt 6 with it OR I get an “offer” of paying the same price even though I already have Kontakt 6 (Komplete 13 for $189 + $599).

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Alex

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is discount offer for full versions, but not for upgrades/updates (it was in June 50%).

As Komplete 14 should come soon (within months, I guess), would be better wait a while and upgrade to K14. If you wait for Summer Sale 2023, it could cost roughly 300 AUD, 600 otherwise.

Or you may buy K13 now and sell Kontakt 6 Crossgrade... There is Buy and Sell thread.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

If you log in and go to the Komplete 13 "Buy Now" Page you should see other pricing options (which should be less) Based on the fact that you own the full version of Kontakt. The offer you received may no be based on the products you actually own but just a "Blanket" offer they sent out!!!

• AlexH
    AlexH Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks for the response, Blindeddie.

Unfortunately, there is no change in the pricing. Per image below:

Perhaps I need to wait until upgrades on discount? That is the only difference I see here - the full version has a discount, where as the upgrade does not.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is discount offer for full versions, but not for upgrades/updates (it was in June 50%).

As Komplete 14 should come soon (within months, I guess), would be better wait a while and upgrade to K14. If you wait for Summer Sale 2023, it could cost roughly 300 AUD, 600 otherwise.

Or you may buy K13 now and sell Kontakt 6 Crossgrade... There is Buy and Sell thread.