How to sync Traktor with changes made to genre & comments in Apple Music

shalako
shalako Member Posts: 4 Member

I use Apple Music to manage my collection. I modify metadata, make playlists, and sync to devices for portable review. In Traktor, I use only the playlists under the Apple Music integration. I don't touch playlists in Traktor because they are not synced back to Apple Music. If I want to make a change to a playlist, I do it in Apple Music.

As I'm learning new songs I make changes to the Genres and Comments fields in Apple Music frequently. Unfortunately, these changes are not reflected in Traktor. According to NI, only changes to Title, Artist, Album, and Rating can be updated (https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000777418-Changes-in-My-iTunes-Tags-Are-Not-Reflected-in-TRAKTOR).

Does anyone have a solution for forcing metadata updates to the Traktor library?

Tagged:

Answers

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 93 Helper

I wonder if you can try check consistency in Traktor settings, anything you change in the library should rescan if my memory serves correctly, so if you change track data and then recheck consistency it should pick up edits,

If you try this the first time it may take some time to go through your library but that should work.

let me know if this works!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @shalako are you using Traktor Pro 3? Can you get back to us with the version?

• shalako

Hi @Kaiwan_NI !

I'm using Traktor Pro 3.

• shalako

Hi, @solsta !

I'll test with check consistency, thank you!

I tested with right click on the Apple Music bridge "Sync Playlists" and "Sync Music Info" and that hasn't worked.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

These are my settings

Tag writing mode: Write all tags to files.

Result: If i change file data outside Traktor, Traktor will show me the old data. But as soon as i interact with the file in Traktor, like editing a segment or loading the track into a deck, Traktor reads the actual file's metadata and updates the collection for this specific file.

• shalako

Oh cool. I'll test that method also.

With "Write all tags" selected, when updating Genre or Comments field in Traktor, will the changes be shown in Apple Music? I believe I tried this and Apple Music wouldn't show the changes.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

If Apple Music reads the metadata directly from the music files before displaying the info, it should work. If it draws from it's own metadata collection only, it probably doesn't. Either way, you will find out and hopefully tell us what's up.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

If Apple Music is anything like iTunes (which I still use religiously), any changes made to tags OUTSIDE of Apple Music, will not be reflected in Apple Music until you actually play that file again in Apple Music… It sucks, I know.

Same with Traktor I think. Traktor reads the info from the Collection file first, and will only overwrite the Collection File info with new tag info once the altered track has been played again in Traktor…