Software for my Traktor Krontrol S2

MastrOfDesatr
MastrOfDesatr Member Posts: 1 Member

Hey,

I just bought a Traktor Kontrol S2 off ebay and now i have problems connecting it to my computer. The box didnt include the installation DVD just the Controller and the two cables. What software do i have to download now? Can i use it with the free DJ Controlleron my PC. It has Power and the USB-Connection light is on when its plugged into my PC.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Answer ✓

You need to register the device to your NI account, which will grant you a Traktor Pro 3* license for this device. I don't want to be too pessimistic but if the previous owner has not transferred the S2 registration to you, you won't have a valid Traktor Pro 3 licence to install and you will need to purchase a valid license.

* this is assuming you have an S2 Mk3. S2 Mk2 would not qualify for a TP3 license.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,733 mod
  • 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited August 2022

i hope you got a bargain from Ebay... cos the traktor pro 3 is i believe is what you will need.. which is another $99Usd according to the NI prices...

unfortunately theTP3 deal in plugin boutique has expired, and no current sale with NI... so you have an option of the monthly subscription TP3... with some added benefits... but thats up to you entirely... as to which way you want to proceed!!

Good luck to ya!! (btw i only recently got a hold of a S4 MK1... so im a noob in this game!! *smiles)

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Answer ✓

You need to register the device to your NI account, which will grant you a Traktor Pro 3* license for this device. I don't want to be too pessimistic but if the previous owner has not transferred the S2 registration to you, you won't have a valid Traktor Pro 3 licence to install and you will need to purchase a valid license.

* this is assuming you have an S2 Mk3. S2 Mk2 would not qualify for a TP3 license.