Anyone know how to fix a dark Maschine studio?

EZY
EZY Member Posts: 3 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

I think my Maschine studio may have finally died . It started with the 2 main display windows going dark a week ago. Now the whole device is dark. The only lights are when it turns on. It was fine 2 weeks ago. It happened quickly. No problems at all until a week ago. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

Have you tried a different USB cable?

• EZY

No. I just called Sweetwater this morning. I haven't really tried anything other than unplugging it to look at the device number. I just switched the Komplete Kontrol usb chord. It did the same thing. It flashed the whole screen start up lights but stayed dark.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Hard to say, maybe just loose cable/bad contact somewhere inside...

Is it "seen" by Maschine SW? Does it do anything in SW, if you touch pads, buttons, rotaries?

• EZY

It was until today. Today it completely dark except when it turns on. before today I could use the pads and all. I just couldn't see the 2 center display screens. now nothing has light. The SW is still playing everything. When I use the Komplete Kontrol keyboard I can still use the SW meaning using the software sounds.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It seems, something has died inside..... But still, you may try to open it and check the connections (remove it and plug in several times) they might oxidate over the time and make contact worse because of resistance....

Also you could look if you do not see some damage inside. Darker items, smoke electronic smell, changed irregular shape.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 630 Pro

your usb port on computer could be buggered?

does it have a power supply? test with that connected

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@EZY What is your operating system? Have you tried reinstalling Controller Editor? Have you tried those steps ?

My MASCHINE Controller Does Not Start

My Native Instruments Hardware Device is Not Recognized