So I have to subscribe now to get new features on Traktor?

Flexi
Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

Always owned and updated to the latest Traktor scratch, but now I am expected to subscribe for the latest version, is that right?

Comments

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor

No, that’s incorrect. You can update, and that update will include bug fixes and may include new festures too.

However, if you optionally subscribe, you’ll get even more festures. For 3.6 were the Pattern Player and the Ozone Maximizer limiter

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If I understand it well, users on subscription plan will get sooner than other users. So, one day nonsubscription users hopefully get those features that subscription ones already have....

I still use Traktor 2, even thought having licence for Traktor 3, so no pain.

• Flexi

You literally typed what i typed, which is, to get new features you must subscribe, but also said no that is not true.

Any wonder nobody knows what is going on here.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

No you're not "expected" to subscribe. It's entirely up to you. Nobody's forcing you to do anything.

to get new features you must subscribe

To get new features first, you can choose to subscribe.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Not entirely no. You don’t have to subscribe if you don’t want to and you still have Traktor pro 3. However if you want features that are linked with partners like Izotope then yes you’ll need subscribe. Don’t subscribe and you still have Traktor pro.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

However if you want right now features that are linked with partners like Izotope then yes you’ll need subscribe. 

You may also wait, till those features will be included in "normal" Traktor.

• Flexi

OK, so is it assumption that they will appear in purchased Traktor, or is there any official word on that, there are no staff answering in this thread, right?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,116 Expert
    edited August 2022
  • Flexi

OK thank you, so there is no word at all about these subscription features ever making it in to the paid for version.

• elMorseman
    elMorseman Member Posts: 2 Member

I can’t say I’m a fan of feature subscription models like this. I suppose it makes sense from a business perspective but I’d rather pay a one off fee similar to the .5 updates from Steinberg than get tangled up in constant payments.

Imagine missing a payment, maybe there was a ****** ip at the bank with the debit and you’re out about to play, suddenly features go walkies and you’re looking like a prat.