remix deck looping sample audio playback start delay, or cut-out mid-loop

bdbtbb
bdbtbb Member Posts: 15 Member

I sometimes find that I press a pad on the F1 to trigger a looped sample, and the sample shows as playing but no sound comes out for a period of time, usually about 4-8 beats, then the sound kicks in and works fine.

This has also happened to me during loop sample playback - ie., the sample audio will start playing as soon as I press the pad, but will sometimes drop out for 4-8 beats at random moments.

This problem happens sometimes, not every time, and with different samples, seems random.

By posting here, I hope to find out how common this problem/bug is, and how other people who have experienced it, have dealt with it.

I am using the latest version of Traktor Pro 3 with an S4 Mk3 and two F1s, on Windows 10.

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,736 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

This can happen if you have PunchMode active for the slot. It then tries to align the start of the sample with the phrase that another sample of the same slot previously held. The same applies if you have Quantize active and set to a high value, but for the whole deck (when it is playing) and not just for the slot.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,736 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

This can happen if you have PunchMode active for the slot. It then tries to align the start of the sample with the phrase that another sample of the same slot previously held. The same applies if you have Quantize active and set to a high value, but for the whole deck (when it is playing) and not just for the slot.

• bdbtbb
    bdbtbb Member Posts: 15 Member

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate the help, and will check my setup later on today.