Anyone else have this issue with the S-Series MK2 keyboards?

brainfogOG
brainfogOG Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I got a brand new Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 keyboard. Out of the box, I've been experiencing some rather minor, though noticeable issue. When I play certain keys especially in the lower register and some of the top notes, there is a buzzing/springy sound coming from the big encoder knob. I think what is happening is that when I play those keys, it vibrates the whole keyboard/chassis in a certain way causing the encoder knob vibrate as well (sort of like when you lightly flick a spring door stop).

Is this normal? Anyone else able to reproduce this issue on their S61s or other S-Series keyboards?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,286 mod
    Answer ✓

It looks like it's a hardware issue and you were advised to return the keyboard for repair or exchange.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@brainfogOG I never heard of such an issue but you should get in touch with our hardware department for a diagnosis and see what they can do about it. Here is to get in touch with them: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• Ashley Slater
    Ashley Slater Member Posts: 1 Member

Or monitor at a lower volume! 😉

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

What do you mean exactly?

Think he prob hasn't read your issue correctly and assumes it's vibrating because of sound levels from your speakers...

I have heard of this before and one thing to maybe check is if all the screws on the right side of the keyboard (from the bottom) are tightly done up. Don't try and crank them super tight, but should be tight enough to keep things from vibrating. I recall this was a fix for someone in the past on the old forum.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

It looks like it's a hardware issue and you were advised to return the keyboard for repair or exchange.