Im buying a new maschine mk3 do i need to reinstall everything

AlphaCentori
AlphaCentori Member Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

Good day

My maschine is used and broken…knobs and value numbers change constantly by themselves which i can’t use no more…

So i decided to get a new one. Do i have to re-install the new Maschine or i can just use it as a new controller without re-installing everything?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Just plug it in and go!!

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer

I’m on my second Mk3 (first one just stopped working out of nowhere within 2 years of minimal use) Kept that thing as new as the day it came out of the box!

and now this new Mk3 I received is starting to have issues as well (Pads light up on their own, Knob values change on their own) Seems like Mk3’s were poorly built; we know the knobs have issues -_-

Seriously thinking of going back to a used MK2 from Guitar Center or something. But I love the MK3 so much. I just don’t think I could justify purchasing another MK3 if having the previous 2 have failed. Seems like Maschine +’s were built a little better, but even those have issues.

Wouldn’t be surprised if NI controllers have a 1 in 3 product failure rate.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @jt maher I would recommend to contact my colleagues here to see what they can do about your issues with your MK3:  http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine