How to keep Komplete S88 MK2 Keyboard permanent selected in Komplete Kontrol in Studio One 5?

KmxOrbit
KmxOrbit Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm facing a recent problem which I can't find an answer on.

Recently the Komplete Kontrol plugin in Studio One 5 has the behavior to switch off the Komplete Keyboard whenever i select an other track and reselect it. (See attached picture)

This results in the behavior I need to activate my S88 Mk2 keyboard if I want full control over the Komplete Kontrol plugin via the keyboard. Very Annoying.

It used to be OK, but now it doesn't.

I use Windows 10, all software updates installed, also for Studio one, and for Native instruments.

Is this a setting I missed in Komplete Kontrol or in Studio one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

• KmxOrbit
    Answer ✓

@Brad Yost Yeah, that was exactly the problem.

@Jeremy_NI For one or another reason, today it seemed to be working as expected again. Very strange!

Yesterday restarting PC , restarting projects, starting new projects, all the same behaviour of loosing focus. Today working fine... I have no clue why this happened and why it works today. I did not install anything, in the last weeks, so PC should have been the same for more than a week. And only yesterday, I had troubles with this.

Any how, We can close this topic. If it reoccurs, I'll come back on this.

I would like to thank you both for your answer! 🙏

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

It would seem that is likely a setting in your DAW not changing focus when changing tracks. On the keyboard you can always press 'brouser' and scroll to any of the KK instances that are open.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@KmxOrbit Is this happening in any project ? If you create a total new project, add a few tracks, some Komplete Kontrol tracks and some others, does that also happen? Have you tried to re-set the host integration in Studio One, as detailed here: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW ?

• KmxOrbit
    Answer ✓

@Brad Yost Yeah, that was exactly the problem.

@Jeremy_NI For one or another reason, today it seemed to be working as expected again. Very strange!

Yesterday restarting PC , restarting projects, starting new projects, all the same behaviour of loosing focus. Today working fine... I have no clue why this happened and why it works today. I did not install anything, in the last weeks, so PC should have been the same for more than a week. And only yesterday, I had troubles with this.

Any how, We can close this topic. If it reoccurs, I'll come back on this.

I would like to thank you both for your answer! 🙏

• Jeremy_NI

@KmxOrbit Sure! If it happens again, get back to us and me or one of my colleagues from support will look into it.

• nelligan tetrault
    nelligan tetrault Member Posts: 31 Member

I am a little confused as to what the "normal" (or default) behavior is supposed to be? Everytime I switch a track, my KK goes into midi mode ... ??? I would like it actually STAYS FOCUSED on my one instance of maschine containing instruments, regardless of tracks i'm selecting. Is this possible?

My setup is I have a track with a machine vst with a couple of drumkits loaded into groups (I don't need KK to focus on that as I have machine mk2 hardware), but If.

Another track hold a 2nd maschine vst instance with all my sounds. That I need the focus on. Regardless if I click somewhere else on projet. How can I achieve that?

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

@nelligan tetrault Is it also on Studio One? Maybe your issue would have deserved it's own thread? What keyboard are you using? Are you using Maschine as a VST in Studio One 5?

• nelligan tetrault

Hello Jeremy!

Thanks for replying, I'm on ableton. I indeed started my own thread here with more detail on my work flow. If you could check it out, i'd appreciate it :)

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/137954#Comment_137954

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 367 Pro

The instance of KK you're working with is the track that has the focus. If you select a track that doesn't have KK associated with it the keyboard defaults back to the MIDI because it has no other way of knowing what you intend to do with the keyboard on that track (without a KK or Kontakt plugin).

• nelligan tetrault

I understand ... yet I'd wish it would behave like the maschine mk2 hardware, it stays on the instance it is selected unless I manually change it myself.

Also i'm not using KK software, i'm using maschine as a vst!

• Jeremy_NI

@nelligan tetrault Well, @DunedinDragon summed it up nicely! I hadn't understood your issue.

• nelligan tetrault

Yes, but we're already diving deeper over that thread I linked above with jester mcgee. Trying to work around a solution, I can't be the only one that would like his instance to stay locked :

We're investigating remove the script from ableton repositary, not selecting the s88 mk2 in control surface (I don't need s88 for controlling the DAW as I already have push 2).

It would still be great if you can chim in !

thanks