Audio Glitches when using Pattern Player

leesinthemix
leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Hey Traktor Team,

I am getting pretty severe audio glitching when using more than one PP with my Xone 96, which makes PP unusable. Latency on Xone 96 set to 512 and safe mode.

I never used PP with my Xone 96 during beta testing, only with my basic setup at my desk (Traktor Z1 / Traktor X1 mk2 / Xone:K1), so can't comment on previous versions.

I've never had these kinds of issues with recent versions of Traktor I've used extensively (3.4.2 / 3.5.3).

I will record some video/audio in the next few days.

HP14 laptop. Windows 11. 8th Gen i5. 8GB ram.

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thanks for reporting @leesinthemix. For bug reports related to an official release, we're monitoring over at our support instead. I've created a ticket for you and you'll hear back from us soon.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Any recent Windows updates installed that could change the power settings? I've been using up to 4 Pattern Players while making my Midifighter Twister mapping for PP and don't have this issue in public release of 3.6.0

Also using Xone 96 here.

Pattern player could introduce pops and clicks (with google chrome running in background) in one of previous beta versions but the released version looks good on that matter. i7 4gen and 8GB PAM.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thanks for this @Stevan. I've added this observation to the ticket.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 249 Guru

Hey all,

I think this is in fact down to the limitations of my gig laptop than Traktor itself.

The laptop I use at my desk is an MSI GS60 with generally pretty good DPC latency, despite its age (2014).

However, my gig laptop is a HP14 (2018) which seems to struggle with DPC latency once I have everything plugged into my powered usb hub... Xone 96, Xone:K1, 2x XDJ1000MK2 on HID, 2x Traktor D2, Roland UM-One for Soundswitch, Roland TR8.

I've just reverted back to a clean install of Windows 10 from 11 on the HP14 and audio dropouts are less obvious.

Intel and Windows have a lot to answer for in terms of power management and the terrible DPC latency it is causing in more recent versions of Windows 10/11.