Traktor Pro 3 Audio engine VS DJ 2

Demus
Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro

Question to Friedemann, is Traktor Pro 3 running a different audio engine from Traktor DJ 2 because Traktor DJ 2 give a much cleaner crisper sound than Traktor Pro 3. If so, will Pro 3 be update to the same audio engine as Traktor DJ 2

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,575 admin
    edited August 2022

Hi @Demus unfortunately I can't answer your question about audio engine here, but are you by any chance using M1 Mac?

• Demus

interesting answer. 😮 No, not on M1 mac I am using windows AMD desktop and windows intel laptop.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,575 admin

If none of the solutions in this article helps, you're welcome to contact our support team directly here: https://bit.ly/n1trakt so we can take a closer look why there are audio issues.

• Demus

I was just trying to say that it seems that Traktor DJ 2 has a different and better audio engine than Traktor Pro 3 my opinion. There is no audio problem.

• Marcal303
    Marcal303 Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2023

Hi there,

I have used Traktor S2 Mk3 with Traktor DJ 2 on my iPad for several years. I recently updated to S3 and started using it with Traktor Pro 3 on my Mac.

Because my ears are so used to TDJ2, I can verify that it sounds different compared to TP3, and TDJ2 sounds better! I totally agree it gives a much cleaner, crisper sound, and the low end has more presence and definition.

I suspect the limiters have something to do with it. Another difference is that TP3 have Total Kill EQ, and TDJ2 does not, so the EQ curves or engines are also different.

I wish the TDJ2 audio engine would be implemented in TP3.