Drum Samples Distort Sound when Importing MIDI from Studio One into Maschine

mattyMEMORY
mattyMEMORY Member Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2022 in Maschine

I created and finished a song in Studio One, now I am attempting to import the midi data of each track into Maschine so I can play it in standalone mode (I'm transferring it over into Maschine 2 software, going to save, and then load it into Maschine+ in standalone). I can get the midi from the track into the machine software but it gives me the same results with distorted sound (1-Exporting the midi into a folder, then importing that midi thru the Maschine software) (2-dragging the midi into the file pool in S1, then having an instance of Maschine open in S1 where I then drag and drop my midi from the file pool into the Maschine group). Timing and velocity seem fine, but the sound is not what's loaded into the sampler (in this example I'm dragging drum MIDI into a kit I made with samples in Maschine). Instead of a pristine high hat it sounds like someone clanking on a toaster. Pitch wouldn't do it - it almost sounds like its got added reverb. This happens with all my midi using samples.

Could the midi file be corrupted? If i delete one of the imported midi notes then double click to add a new one it sounds fine. This is what I'm currently doing to transfer the song, but it's killing the groove since every time I replace a note it snaps right on the grid, loses human timing and velocity has to be reset.

What could be causing this? I've been running in circles for hours.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

It's a bit hard to figure out the whole process by the description, not that you don't explain it well, but a video in that case would probably help. What you describe sounds like a MIDI loop, one note being played and recorded at the same time. When you zoom the MIDI clip, how does it look like ? Do you have several notes on top of each other ?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

Most probably, your imported MIDI notes are way too low in pitch (e.g. C1 instead of C3).

• mattyMEMORY
    mattyMEMORY Member Posts: 2 Member

All the midi notes look good, they are in the proper range (around c3), there’s no double notes on top of each other, I just don’t get it.

if I get the chance I’ll make a video and post it. It’s truly bizarre.

• Jeremy_NI

@mattyMEMORY Any update on the issue ? Did you find time to make a video?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@mattyMEMORY No news for a while. We'll close this post. If you need assistance, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

This discussion has been closed.