Session guitarist Picked Nylon Bossa Nova voicings

MikeMac
MikeMac Member Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

Hello - interested in purchasing, but have a question please:

If I select a Bossa Nova strumming pattern, and trigger a chord using a simple triad (1-3-5) will the pattern play the characteristic voicings that you usually hear from Bossa Nova rhythm guitarists (eg. 6/9 voicings)? or do I have to manually play the exact voicings that I want to hear?

I'm hoping that the player actually recorded the correct voicings, even if the chords are triggered by simple maj/min triads.

Thanks,

Mike.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@MikeMac In this library, and for the Bossa patterns, only one note will play picking patterns (bass+chord bossa style), you can select the voicing triggered by juist pressing one key or choose the autochord and have all harmonized chord options:

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022

The Session guitar series just plays strumming/picking patterns rhythmically using the notes that you play on the keyboard for voicings. So, for example, if you wanted to play a Gm9/b11 you could. Not even actually limited to 6 notes either, tho it fails to sound like a guitar beyond that point.

The guitars with melodic phrases are fixed however.

• MikeMac
    MikeMac Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks Brad - so which is the correct mode to be in so that you hear the exact voicings that you are actually playing? Is it the default keyboard mode?

Much appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@MikeMac In this library, and for the Bossa patterns, only one note will play picking patterns (bass+chord bossa style), you can select the voicing triggered by juist pressing one key or choose the autochord and have all harmonized chord options: