How Do I Save the Order of my Kontakt Libraries when doing a fresh install on new computer?

Jesse Carmichael
Jesse Carmichael Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi All... I'm looking to see if there's a way to save the order of my Libraries in Kontakt 6 on an old computer and somehow have that order copied over to a New Computer where I've done a fresh install of all the Libraries... Or if not if anyone knows of a way to move multiple libraries at once in the standalone Kontakt window when rearranging?

Thanks for any advice. J

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

The "Custom Sort order" that you set up in SAL Kontakt is buried in the registry in Windows [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt Application]

and buried in the Native-Instruments/preferences/.*.plist file on MAC. (exact file name locked to an install key)

AFAIK these sort keys are specific to the computer AND user that they were registered to, and (even if you could find them) will probably NOT work when transferred to a different computer.

You will waste far less time, and suffer less frustration, if you just rebuild the sort order on the new machine in SAL mode and save it.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Answer ✓

The "Custom Sort order" that you set up in SAL Kontakt is buried in the registry in Windows [Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Kontakt Application]

and buried in the Native-Instruments/preferences/.*.plist file on MAC. (exact file name locked to an install key)

AFAIK these sort keys are specific to the computer AND user that they were registered to, and (even if you could find them) will probably NOT work when transferred to a different computer.

You will waste far less time, and suffer less frustration, if you just rebuild the sort order on the new machine in SAL mode and save it.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

The sorting order stored in the registry/plist is valid across machines, actually. If you transfer registry with just the UserListIndex DWORDs for all library keys in a .reg file, it would just work on another Windows machine. Unsure about Mac but I bet plists are pretty much the same deal.