How to uninstall AAX and VST?

HeiPet
HeiPet Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

Hi,

Native Instruments doesn't allow me to select, which PlugIns I want to install. I would like to get rid of AAX-PlugIns and VST PlugIns, where there is a VST3 Version. Is it save to just delete them from the folder or is there another way to do this?

I'm on Windows 10.

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no way to "uninstall" specific VST Versions just like there is no way to decide not to install them in the first place. This is a User bone of contention and has been request as they/we may not want to VST2 or AAX versions to install. You can delete them by hand, but that will cause NA to report that the plugin needs repair because the registered plugin is now gone... Thankfully, plugins do not take up a lot of disk space, but when it comes to registering and scanning in a DAW, depending on available options of said DAW, you may end up with a lot of Duplicates. Also to consider is that older projects that used the VST2 version of the plugin, may not load properly...

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

There is no way to "uninstall" specific VST Versions just like there is no way to decide not to install them in the first place. This is a User bone of contention and has been request as they/we may not want to VST2 or AAX versions to install. You can delete them by hand, but that will cause NA to report that the plugin needs repair because the registered plugin is now gone... Thankfully, plugins do not take up a lot of disk space, but when it comes to registering and scanning in a DAW, depending on available options of said DAW, you may end up with a lot of Duplicates. Also to consider is that older projects that used the VST2 version of the plugin, may not load properly...

• CypiX
    CypiX Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hard agree, that option is long overdue. Having the plugins multiple times in my daw is hella confusing and cluttering. Pls make sure to include that in some update