Can I use vienna ensemble pro 7 with Komplete kontrol 88?

Martin Salinas
Martin Salinas Member Posts: 2 Member

I was about to buy the Komplete Kontrol to visualize the ranges of instruments of VI full bundle with Vienna Ensemble Pro 7, and decided to double check that it is compatible this keyboard or at least using a plug-in or something. Has anyone out there tried? The other solution would be to us Kontakt 6 (which I also owe), but not sure if the VI series Vienna instruments can be uploaded to Kontakt 6. Any experience with this? I know the synchron series allows this but I only have the henna VI series which 2 years ago was not compatible.

Best Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

AFAIK; VSL libraries all load in the Syncron Player, not in Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol. Syncron does display a virtual keyboard, but I don't believe that it is NKS compatible, and the KK s-series keyboards can run in MIDI mode.

Last I was aware, the Big Bang Orchestra was NKS, maybe they have ported the VSL by now, still can't confirm on VEP7. Sorry for the partial answer.

There should be more info on the VSL webpage.

• Martin Salinas
    Answer ✓

Thanks Brad! I finally got response from VSL team saying that I can get the lights of Komplete Kontrol showing me the ranges as in the virtual keyboard of Vienna Ensemble Pro if on the same computer as the DAW. There is one exception: "Native Instruments does not allow its NKS features to be used over a network. So you won't see any lights in that case".

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

AFAIK; VSL libraries all load in the Syncron Player, not in Kontakt or Komplete Kontrol. Syncron does display a virtual keyboard, but I don't believe that it is NKS compatible, and the KK s-series keyboards can run in MIDI mode.

Last I was aware, the Big Bang Orchestra was NKS, maybe they have ported the VSL by now, still can't confirm on VEP7. Sorry for the partial answer.

There should be more info on the VSL webpage.

• Martin Salinas
    Answer ✓

Thanks Brad! I finally got response from VSL team saying that I can get the lights of Komplete Kontrol showing me the ranges as in the virtual keyboard of Vienna Ensemble Pro if on the same computer as the DAW. There is one exception: "Native Instruments does not allow its NKS features to be used over a network. So you won't see any lights in that case".